Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EFL Away Fan Experience Award

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I know some may not agree, but I love the fact that we are recognized in this way. The fact that, apart from one or two clubs, away Fans can expect to get on a train, packed in amongst the Home fans, wear their colours with pride, walk from the station to the ground, feel that we are pleased that they came with a local beer etc, and all without a sniff of hassle is just brilliant. The same after the game.. queue up on the ramps, have a bot of a giggle with the home fans and be on your way. My lads have grown up not knowing anything else, and I think its great.. well done us!!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
This must be one of the clubs' biggest seasons with prizes and awards for the club, and players, etc.
The biggest one is just around the corner though! :albion2:

Lush

Mods' Pet
We've seemed to win the nice stadium/nice set up awards fairly regularly in recent years. All great stuff, but a bit like getting the effort prize at school.

I'm just thrilled that this year we're winning some for achievements on the pitch for a change.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not a fan of pampering the away fans myself

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
All good stuff which sets the bar for other clubs to aim for.

I always think in these types of awards that they should also name and shame the clubs that offer the worst experience in the the eyes of away fans, to encourage improvements

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've been to a few away grounds and never been asked my opinion of the ground.
Is there a call centre somewhere who ring fans up?
I guess we'll find out next season how good our stadium is compared to the 'big guys' plus a visit to Wembley (Spurs)

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
:amex: :ascarf: Best pies in the League - best pies in the League. We're BrightnoveAlbyun - best pies in the League :ascarf: :amex:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
We certainly have the best segregation netting on the planet , apparently it's intricately placed maze like over the seats and renders any attempt to find a way though by opposing fans futile .

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We certainly have the best segregation netting on the planet , apparently it's intricately placed maze like over the seats and renders any attempt to find a way though by opposing fans futile .

Changed it since we last played Millwall at home then.......................

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not to the atmosphere.

That's at least something we can (should be able to) deal with, sadly, even this season, our north stand just simply isn't quite joined up enough to compete with the best of the away fans. We're getting there, just need a bit more coordination. (Based on what I hear roughly on the halfway line)

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's at least something we can (should be able to) deal with, sadly, even this season, our north stand just simply isn't quite joined up enough to compete with the best of the away fans. We're getting there, just need a bit more coordination. (Based on what I hear roughly on the halfway line)

TBH when I, in the Family Stand, can hear a few disinterested Brummies the night we went top, it's time to reassess our support.

Either:-

1 - By comparison we're actually pretty good & should stop beating ourselves up.
II - It's as good as it's ever going to be, so just deal with it.
c - We're a bunch of deluded repressed southern softies, who constantly need a player to gee us up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here