Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6 years ago today...

...this happened.

IMG_4330.JPG

Interesting to see the other teams around us then, and look who was in third.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Lets hope we don't finish this season like we did then....two points out of the last twelve and the winning gap closing to two points. The long unbeaten home record dented by Saints and Huddersfield. Lets be honest, we deserved to win that league by a bigger margin but after the euphoria of Walsall, our players were on the beach.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
...this happened.

View attachment 83964

Interesting to see the other teams around us then, and look who was in third.

1- About to be in the PL
2 - Premier League / Been in Europe
3 - Championship Play Offs
4 - League 1
5 - League 1
6 - League 1
7 - Premier League
8 - About to go into the Conference and maybe go bust
9 - League 2
10 - League 2
11 - Championship
12 - League 1 -Massive Ownership trouble

A real mixed bag in just 6 years

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Lets hope we don't finish this season like we did then....two points out of the last twelve and the winning gap closing to two points. The long unbeaten home record dented by Saints and Huddersfield. Lets be honest, we deserved to win that league by a bigger margin but after the euphoria of Walsall, our players were on the beach.

I'll be honest: if our players want to wrap up the title early like they did in 2011 and play like a team of hungover pub players for the remaining (say) three games, then all power to them as far as I'm concerned. Frankly, they'd deserve to go out and get utterly, utterly shitfaced :)

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll be honest: if our players want to wrap up the title early like they did in 2011 and play like a team of hungover pub players for the remaining (say) three games, then all power to them as far as I'm concerned. Frankly, they'd deserve to go out and get utterly, utterly shitfaced :)

Deffo especially as all they'll have to do in the morning is look Chris straight in the eye.

What's the worst that could happen?

"On second thoughts, I'll have a early night, big game tomorrow". :lol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wow. Look at the other teams.Some up and the Os out of the league.

Yeah, incredible isn't it? The last season before we moved into the Amex, and I remember it so well. All but doomed Leyton Orient pushing hard for promotion to the Championship. How things have changed in just six short years.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I also saw something the other day that said from Southampton League One squad, the players SOLD came to £80m ! Madness

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here