Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anybody still worried that we will not get automatic promotion?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I have seen a lot of threads where people are confident that we will be promoted. I was just wondering if anyone is still nervous and feels that Huddersfield are not finished yet. I just feel that if Huddersfield win on Friday and Monday it could become tight again. I can see us losing to Wolves. By Monday night, we could still need 3 points from our last 3 games. The team looked really nervous in the last fifteen minutes against QPR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
The nervous team that slowed the game down at every oportunity in the last 15 mins? I think we had it under contol and played a tactic that as been played against us numerous times.

No way am I nervous, we are on are way.

As champions I may add. [emoji106]

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Yep. And even once it's been confirmed I'll still be worried that it'll somehow get taken away from us. It'll only sink in about half way through the first game of next season

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No. We turned a huge corner with the 3 wins in 6 days. This is our time and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
End of last season
giphy.gif

End of this season hopefully!
Happy-Will-Ferrell-GIF.gif

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The nervous team that slowed the game down at every oportunity in the last 15 mins? I think we had it under contol and played a tactic that as been played against us numerous times.

No way am I nervous, we are on are way.

As champions I may add. [emoji106]

Had it under control?

Yeah right - Sidwell knew exactly what he was doing with that cross......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at this from the perspective of a Terrier.

If I was a Huddersfield fan, I'd be certain that the Albion had the capability of getting 6 points from 5 games, which would be enough to guarantee that the best that Huddersfield could achieve would be the playoffs (once goal difference is taken into account).

6 points from 5 games is 1.2 points per game, which is what a team needs to finish about 19th in the table. Any Huddersfield fan would expect the Albion to perform better than Ipswich Town.

And what fan of any team can be confident that their team will win 6 games on the trot? If Huddersfield can only manage 16 points from their last 6 games, all the Albion will need is 4 points from 5 games. That's relegation form and every Huddersfield fan must be expecting the Albion to do better than that.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Look at this from the perspective of a Terrier.

If I was a Huddersfield fan, I'd be certain that the Albion had the capability of getting 6 points from 5 games, which would be enough to guarantee that the best that Huddersfield could achieve would be the playoffs (once goal difference is taken into account).

6 points from 5 games is 1.2 points per game, which is what a team needs to finish about 19th in the table. Any Huddersfield fan would expect the Albion to perform better than Ipswich Town.

And what fan of any team can be confident that their team will win 6 games on the trot? If Huddersfield can only manage 16 points from their last 6 games, all the Albion will need is 4 points from 5 games. That's relegation form and every Huddersfield fan must be expecting the Albion to do better than that.

But one day, at some point in our lifetime, something like that will happen. And if it's going to happen to anyone!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm 99.9% certain we've done it, but all these triumphant threads are starting to do my head in. There's a professional job to be done to get the P next to our name & then hopefully kick on and get some silverware. I'm sure Chris and the players are more focussed than the fans.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Do I think Chris and the lads are sitting back thinking 'job done'.

I don't think so - and that is the most important thing. Also see Murray at the
end of the QPR match. Says it all for me. Quietly confident but will be getting louder
after Monday.

I'm 99.9% certain we've done it, but all these triumphant threads are starting to do my head in. There's a professional job to be done to get the P next to our name & then hopefully kick on and get some silverware. I'm sure Chris and the players are more focussed than the fans.

It's like sex. Even if you know that you are on course for a superb orgasm, you don't light up the post-coital cigarette until both of you have finished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here