Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Glenn Murray go down in history as a legend in the same way as Bobby Zamora IF we are

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Promoted...

So, I hear you cry - "no way, Bobby is a legend"... but let's look at the facts...

Both had successful loan spells at the club

Both would have fired us to promotion twice (with Glenn's being divisions higher)

Both left the club and returned successfully

Both made Withdean bearable during their first time with the club.

Bobby started the revival, Glenn got us over the line to the promised land... surely they are at least equal?

Or is it just that he played for "them" which would prevent it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think it should be put on record that he wanted 10k a week Poyet didn't think he was worth that so he left.We then signed CMS on 20k a week.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
He's only four short of having scored more goals in one season at this level than Peter Ward managed in two.

Bigger achievement than Bobby but as he's a mardy northerner he's never going to be a fan's favourite unless he gets 15-20 next season

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
For me Bobby will always be the bigger legend because he was the main man when I was starting to get into football. In part my passion for football is because of him.

Glenn is brilliant and I am sure there are plenty of kids that will think of him as a legend, however to me he is a very good player we are lucky to have. But not a legend like Bobby, Chippy, Tank etc.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Murray is a legend. It's not his fault that he was sold to that lot up the road when he wanted to stay. Imo we'd already be in the premier league if he had stayed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just as much a legend as Bobby to me already.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
In the Priestfield years it was easy to feel that we it would be many years, if ever, that we would ever experience the excitement we had often felt in the past. The Championes years brought the magic back far sooner than I had expected and Bobby will always symbolise them for me. I agree that statistically and ability-wise it is hard to separate them, and they are both legends, but Bobby occupies a special place for me....along with Wardy.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Yes for me too.

There is no way we would be where we are without him. And he's stayed fit at a time when our striking options haven't been plentiful.

He played 3 games in 7 days last week and scored in all of them -pretty good for a 33 year old at the end of a long season.

If he's injured at any time this season I don't think we'd have done it. Hemed is good but not in the same class, Baldock injury prone and Akpom rubbish

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Glenn and Bobby are standing at opposite ends of a bar. You only have time to buy one of them a beer and have a quick chat. Leaving aside your desire to get Glenn's perspective on his departure under Gus (which, imo, doesn't factor into legend status), who do you choose to buy a beer?

For me, that'd be Bobby.

Glenn's a legend, for sure, but not yet quite equal to Bobby. Score a hatful next season, that changes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here