Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bang, bang! You're down.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Cheerio Orient. In 1997 your players thought it was a wheeze to taunt the North Stand about what looked like impending relegation out of the league. Ha! Bang bang - you're as good as gone!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Cheerio Orient. In 1997 your players thought it was a wheeze to taunt the North Stand about what looked like impending relegation out of the league. Ha! Bang bang - you're as good as gone!

Whilst we are on the cusp of the Prem, and despite 97 and what happened then, do you really think it is big and hard to see a football league club in their own bad times? Did you learn nothing? Imbecile.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I would be sad to see the demise of a small London Club like Leyton Orient drop out of the Football League. Them Charlton, Barnet and Millwall are the only London clubs where they can boast a solely local fan base which hasn't been bought and paid for by them being on TV every week.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Whilst we are on the cusp of the Prem, and despite 97 and what happened then, do you really think it is big and hard to see a football league club in their own bad times? Did you learn nothing? Imbecile.

Actually, you are right. That day still bugs me. Time to let it go.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
They've been destroyed by a CJTC of an owner. It should be a case of thanking our lucky stars we have an owner like Tony Bloom, not mocking others. Hate to see any club destroyed the way we very nearly were, even that lot up the A23.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
At the time the 'rivalry' felt like we were picking on an old lollipop lady, needs must and all that, but I never really hated them.
If we can't show empathy towards small clubs with asset stripping owners then we really are sleep walking into a plastic Sky Super Sunday Superdrome with round the clock coverage and vacuous empty headed 'fans'.
Who cares what some dicks who played for them 20 years ago did? I hope they regroup, recover and most importantly, get themselves a new owner. There but for the grace etc etc

Funny enough I was tweeting earlier something about Peacehaven FC and a Darlington fan got on board and basically started taking the piss like they were something special. I'm a big boy and can take it but it highlighted the fact I certainly won't "kick a man when he's down" Palace relegated from the premier league = funny. Orient whose [grammar check req] fans could easily have chosen any number of top flight teams dropping out of the football league = count me out

Feb 9, 2012
perth
If you werent there you dont know. that was a gut wrenching time for us and seeing another club's fans take delight in our probable extinction is not easily forgotten. BUT everything already said is right. Demise of any club is a very sad day and a small club trying to eek it out among the super plastics all the more so.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Actually, you are right. That day still bugs me. Time to let it go.
Not sure if 20 years is long enough to get over things said at a football match.

Therapy.

Was it the 4-4 game ? That was a great game.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I generally feel it's just a matter of time before they fold. With West Ham being awarded that stadium on their doorstep that effectively has killed off Orient.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sad days, loved our rivalry back in the day. My favourite away trip in those days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

cock

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here