Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you intend to celebrate

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
When our promotion is confirmed how do you intend to celebrate & how big is this in
the history of The Albion?

My own feelings are that I cannot explain how HUGE this is in the history of the Albion
When the promotion is confirmed I just want to Go into town & let loose in the hope that every other Albion fan wants to do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I remember sitting in my dads Austin Maxi in 1979 listening to the Newcastle v Brighton game on the radio. I was 15 so there was little alcohol involved, but I remember never being so excited over footy.

As much as us oldens can and will celebrate, I believe this one is for those that missed out, the 'kids' as far as I can say. And I hope they party all summer, in the pubs, at the county ground, on social media, etc., etc. Just enjoy it, soak it up. My wish is to see all the kids in Brighton shirts from here on in.

As one of those that has been there and seen it, I will be able to savour it in a way I wasn't accustomed to back in the day.

Oh I shall get very pissed too :wink:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I have this vision of the middle of Brighton being a sea of Blue & White stripes.Is this a dream or is this a reality

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
By wishing I was there

Friday's match is the last match I can actually get to. So I actually won't see it live when it mathematically happens. I have said since the Huddersfield at home match that I was 100% confident of Promotion. To which I always got a shake of the head. Looked away and offered a drink and a refusal to even acknowledge that it might even be possible.

Seeing as this will be my last match I see and we can't mathematically clinch it, I am still going to offer my congratulations and I am wondering if I will finally get an acknowledgement that it is possible. Surely even the ultra ''Don't think that far ahead'' Mr H will allow himself to accept that a fat lady somewhere is singing that final high note of her beautiful song on Friday evening.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Friday's match is the last match I can actually get to. So I actually won't see it live when it mathematically happens. I have said since the Huddersfield at home match that I was 100% confident of Promotion. To which I always got a shake of the head. Looked away and offered a drink and a refusal to even acknowledge that it might even be possible.

Seeing as this will be my last match I see and we can't mathematically clinch it, I am still going to offer my congratulations and I am wondering if I will finally get an acknowledgement that it is possible. Surely even the ultra ''Don't think that far ahead'' Mr H will allow himself to accept that a fat lady somewhere is singing that final high note of her beautiful song on Friday evening.

I think everyone had the right, even now, to not utter the P word. Many of us may have been confident but just know that saying anything is just going to put the kibosh on it. I think everyone will acknowledge everyone my friend. We are all one thing... #together

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
My celebration will be much muted when compared to Newcastle and Hereford.

One for the younger fans who have yet to experience promotion to the top divison

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think everyone had the right, even now, to not utter the P word. Many of us may have been confident but just know that saying anything is just going to put the kibosh on it. I think everyone will acknowledge everyone my friend. We are all one thing... #together

Yeh but Chris is not the superstitious in the slightest - I am more superstitious than he is.

Indeed - The reason I believed so strongly after that Huddersfield match was because I was superstitious. I looked at the goal that was scored that night and I just knew that luck had turned. The injuries the year before at left back conspired against us. The Stephens sending off against Middlesboro. The injuries and suspensions in the play offs, and the last minute goal against Burnley at home. You just sort of know that it isn't going to happen.

So when that shot squirmed under the Huddersfield goalkeepers body that night. I just knew this was the year.

However my point on this thread is I wonder if he will toast going up with me on Friday night then he can go on coach back to Brighton and I will go out and get plastered ????

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I intend to get utterly plastered in Brighton after the Brizzle game. I have got the OH a seat in the South and have booked the Grand. Half price cos there's scaffolding outside. I don't intend getting back there until the early hours so couldn't care less. I have been going since 1988 so apart from the 1991 PO final this is the first time we are in with a sniff for me. My younger brother is a Spurs fan, we were chatting earlier, this will be the first season we will actually be in the same division since we became supporters. Another edge to it. Sinking a few in the North concourse post match then a huge party in Brighton for us. Will be absolutely momentous

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Part of my celebrations will include a quiet 15 minutes or so to think of people who one way or the other put in so much effort to help the club when the club needed them most especially those that have unfortunately died before seeing their ultimate goal succeed. At least they got to see The Amex, but these people are why the word supporters was invented.
It won't be all about getting drunk and partying for me, there is a lot of emotion surrounding this, I think a lot of fans will, for some part, sit in an armchair with a bottle of ale and have a long hard think about the last 20 years, raise their glass to everyone who did their bit, then party until you drop.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I really don't know what to do and it's genuinely causing some anxiety.

I'll be in a city in Brazil, with presumably no Albion supporters for many miles, watching via a stream in the apartment (or find a local bar/pub) - and then what?
I'll be ecstatic but wishing (for one time only) to be back in Brighton and celebrate with thousands of total strangers who are also family.

Can all us expats just organize a big Skype group chat/party? :lolol:

:shrug:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Part of my celebrations will include a quiet 15 minutes or so to think of people who one way or the other put in so much effort to help the club when the club needed them most especially those that have unfortunately died before seeing their ultimate goal succeed. At least they got to see The Amex, but these people are why the word supporters was invented.
It won't be all about getting drunk and partying for me, there is a lot of emotion surrounding this, I think a lot of fans will, for some part, sit in an armchair with a bottle of ale and have a long hard think about the last 20 years, raise their glass to everyone who did their bit, then party until you drop.

Yes,yes,yes

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

I'll be in a city in Brazil, with presumably no Albion supporters for many miles, watching via a stream in the apartment (or find a local bar/pub) - and then what?
I'll be ecstatic but wishing (for one time only) to be back in Brighton and celebrate with thousands of total strangers who are also family.

I couldn't agree more, I feel so damn lonely out here with all this going on, if it happens I just want to go crazy, but with who?

DavePage

Maybe a visit to our local English Pub, The Charle Dickens, Run by Scousers and a Leeds Fan.
There is a guy with what I thought was a thick Brummie accent, turns out he is East End Millwall, lol. Very happy to talk about the firm, krays etc.
Says he visits home for a bit of action, must be in his late 60’s

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Have a nice pot of ayahuasca?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm planning on walking up and down reading high street in full kit chanting 'staying down'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here