Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* A PLEA to Ivor 'BOMBS away' Caplin & Dick Tight*

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
There was an EMERGENCY meeting of the ARS Executive at the HQ (Cliftonville) this morning where the DELICATE subject of these 2 LIMELIGHT hoggers came up and what should be done about them.

I just hope they do the DECENT thing and unlike full time at Hereford they FORSAKE any IDEA of getting in amongst the CELEBRATIONS and leave Tony Bloom to take the PLAUDITS.

It's 100% down to Tony Bloom that we are on the CUSP at last of the PREMIER League , and it's his AMBITION, finance , drive , determination, STRENGTH and WILLING to carry on after last season's HEARTBREAK that we are no going UP.

The WORST thing that could happen is ANYONE else think that they are in anyway RESPONSIBLE and try to HOG the limelight.

TIGHT OUT

CAPLIN OUT

UP THE ARS

:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There was an EMERGENCY meeting of the ARS Executive at the HQ (Cliftonville) this morning where the DELICATE subject of these 2 LIMELIGHT hoggers came up and what should be done about them.

I just hope they do the DECENT thing and unlike full time at Hereford they FORSAKE any IDEA of getting in amongst the CELEBRATIONS and leave Tony Bloom to take the PLAUDITS.

It's 100% down to Tony Bloom that we are on the CUSP at last of the PREMIER League , and it's his AMBITION, finance , drive , determination, STRENGTH and WILLING to carry on after last season's HEARTBREAK that we are no going UP.

The WORST thing that could happen is ANYONE else think that they are in anyway RESPONSIBLE and try to HOG the limelight.

TIGHT OUT

CAPLIN OUT

UP THE ARS

No doubt the motion was carried unanimously.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

TIGHT OUT

CAPLIN OUT

UP THE ARS

Bless ya! Comedy gold.

(but then some might say that without Dick Knight there would never have been a club for Tony Bloom to buy and make us what we are now :wink: Maybe now would be a good time to offer the sausage of friendship?)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Without DK saving us I doubt TB would have bothered tbh. Non league with no decent ground on the horizon would have been pretty unappealing.

Caplin can "do one" though.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Do you know that to be true? Could DK have been the front man from the outset and TB sat in the background waiting his moment.

I know nothing but given what transpired and because I don't see DK as anyone's patsy I doubt it

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Do you know that to be true? Could DK have been the front man from the outset and TB sat in the background waiting his moment.

I'm with that one, a very well connected club figure travelled up north with Hawesy and I once and stated that virtually word for word.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm with that one, a very well connected club figure travelled up north with Hawesy and I once and stated that virtually word for word.

Next you'll tell me that Ray Bloom hung around to keep Stanley,Archer and Belotti in line :wink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know nothing but given what transpired and because I don't see DK as anyone's patsy I doubt it

Wasnt TB one of those who provided the funds to keep DK in at Withdean as I do not believe that TB just came in when we needed the money for The Amex. I have no knowledge but think the investment was too great to just happen without a very long time of consideration of the pros and cons.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dick and Tony both legends. One was in the upper tier, crappy view and all at QPR and we all know the other one was bang in the middle of the mentalness at Brentford. Two club chairmen in a row who will do that. One who saved the club and one who's taken us to places we can only have dreamed of. Legends - unlike this joke being recycled for the 900th time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Isnt it common knowledge that Ray Bloom stayed to keep his finger on the pulse and you may ask why? Blood is thicker than water.

However it came about we the supporters are the ones getting the benefit.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

This is exactly what i heard years ago, Dick was the marketing man, TB was playing his hand close to his chest, no surprise there then.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

TIGHT OUT

CAPLIN OUT

UP THE ARS

But who HAD the SAUSAGE?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

TIGHT OUT

CAPLIN OUT

UP THE ARS

Has Enrests account been hacked?? Not one spelling mistake!!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Ernest's posts are, as ever, a good read. But just to be serious for a moment, Tony was paying the players' wages for years whilst we were at Withdean. It was a double act - he knew he needed DK, and vice-versa.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
tenor.gif

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Has Enrests account been hacked?? Not one spelling mistake!!

TIGHT OUT

CAPLIN OUT

UP THE ARS

Are you sure about that?

No, not or now? Seems to me that he is sitting on the fence..

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

TIGHT OUT

CAPLIN OUT

UP THE ARS

But Tony Bloom appointed Hughton and I thought you said he was a dullard ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here