Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton 1983 - Welcome Home Party

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Amazing isn't it. We were relegated and lost the FA cup, yet it never really felt it was a complete disaster at the time at the time. We were the heroic losers.

It's kind of surreal really and it looks like we conquered Europe.

https://youtu.be/WpmzTNEplpE

Would we still celebrate like this today if it happened again?

I guess we didn't realise back then that it wasn't going to be a quick return and we wouldn't have the same team and manager the next season. I must confess I loved the football that we played under Melia.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Amazing isn't it. We were relegated and lost the FA cup, yet it never really felt it was a complete disaster at the time at the time. We were the heroic losers.

It's kind of surreal really and it looks like we conquered Europe.

https://youtu.be/WpmzTNEplpE

Would we still celebrate like this today if it happened again?

I guess we didn't realise back then that it wasn't going to be a quick return and we wouldn't have the same team and manager the next season. I must confess I loved the football that we played under Melia.

You must be mad ,we were awful in the league , great in the cup although I think that had more to do with the players than Meiia ,we had a good team should never gone down

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
At 1.30 listen to how "We Are Brighton" should be sung. Then sing at the same speed at all future matches! I was there singing this.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You must be mad ,we were awful in the league , great in the cup although I think that had more to do with the players than Meiia ,we had a good team should never gone down

Well at 15 yo I probably wasn't too critical of the overall season. The FA Cup games are how I remember us with little Smiley and Howlett speeding on the wings. We had endeavour and played without fear.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here