Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday's match help - where to watch in Tenerife?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Dear all, am currently in Tenerife (thank god the QPR game moved to Friday - meant I could see it as flight over was on Saturday!) and wondered if anyone knew of any pubs/bars in Playa de las Americas/Costa Adeje sort of area that are going to show the match on Friday afternoon? There are a few around but all seem happy just to list they are showing the Palarse v Arsenal game, and nothing more...

Cheers all!:albion2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Palace v Arsenal is this evening so would expect the same pubs to show Wolves v Brighton as it is the only game kicking off at 5,00pm and there are no Premier games. They will probably adjust their adverts after this evenings game.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Thanks BG. Wasn't sure if there were any other games on around that time on Friday...

Was also wondering if there were any places that people had preferred for their match watching experience, in this area.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Still there 2-3 years ago. Had a load of people shouting at me as I ran past on my morning jog at 6.30am as they exited the place [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

There was a strip of bars.......think the big one in the middle was 'Veronicas'......I might have got my Islands confused [emoji23]

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
In Costa Adeje which is the nicest part of Tenerife by a long way in my opinion has several beach side bars that show football.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Looks like they've rebuild it but doesn't open until 7:30pm... whereas if Hudders balls it up earlier in the day, lose, and we then win, gaining promotion, I might be closed by 7:30pm! :drink::banana::drink::drunk:

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
highland paddy bar behind the safari cc or the Irish bar on the strip both decent bars,I used the Irish bar for the Nufc game big screens and sound up so go for that one it's next to hotel Siesta,enjoy

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I would imagine that you will have no problems at all.
I do not know if there are any prem games on Friday but if there is then find a bar with no one in it that has Sky (or the illegal sharing derivative of Sky that is everywhere in Tenerife) and tell him to put the game on.
My bet is he will be a fat, sweaty Geordie who looks down on you because he lives in the sun.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Taylor's in Los Christianos is worth a go. I had the unfortunate experience of watching our 6-1 defeat to Liverpool in there whilst surrounded by Liverpool fans but it's a good pub with a friendly atmosphere.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Dear all, am currently in Tenerife (thank god the QPR game moved to Friday - meant I could see it as flight over was on Saturday!) and wondered if anyone knew of any pubs/bars in Playa de las Americas/Costa Adeje sort of area that are going to show the match on Friday afternoon? There are a few around but all seem happy just to list they are showing the Palarse v Arsenal game, and nothing more...

Cheers all!:albion2:

Dolphins - have you been to the Hop and Grapes boozer on costa adeje? We went there all the time
when we were there a few weeks ago. Great place.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
First and last fun pub in C. adeje put the leeds vs. albion match on for me especially. They have about five screens.

Invicta

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
The Colonial in Costa Adeje used to show a lot of matches, watched a couple of England games in there in the past. Also a few other bars along the front in that area normally showed games, although that was during the Euro championships

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
The Colonial in Costa Adeje used to show a lot of matches, watched a couple of England games in there in the past. Also a few other bars along the front in that area normally showed games, although that was during the Euro championships

The Colonial is a good call, great choice of beers and quality tv screens.
I'm sure they will be showing the match there.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Great - thanks for all the suggestions. Sounds like the Colonial for me then! Any other NSC bods in the area say hello if you also go there for the game! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here