Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any of you work at Hove Town Hall?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Was fuming today.
I needed to go into the centre of Brighton for 2-3 hours to do some business.
As time was generally tight today decided to drive to Norton Road car park and get bus to the clock tower.
I arrived at the car park about 11.45 and drove from the bottom to the top and vice versa, not a space to be found.
Thought this was odd as many workers have taken Easter holiday to be with their children, so why was it full up.

I then wondered if those who work at Hove Town Hall have been given preferential parking.

Anyway, had to park on the street, with, of course a 2 hour limit as opposed to the many hours allowed in the car park.

Meant I had to leave some business unfinished!!!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Er...in no particular order:

Weather
Beach
Easter holidays

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Likewise, when I can't find a car parking space at lunchtime in a major seaside resort slap-bang in the middle of the school holidays, I too am FURIOUS.

Usually with myself - for being an idiot. :facepalm:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Don't buy any of those comments.

Have used this car park all year at many different times of day. Never a problem for business people to get a space.Even in the middle of summer on very hot days spaces are available over the weekend.

No, am sure it is to do with all the King's House staff relocating to HTH.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Kings House has shut. Many of those who were working there are now based in Hove Town Hall and I assume those who would have parked down Grand Ave etc now use Norton Rd multi story.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This is the most riveting thread of the year.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Yes- there are now double the number of people working in Hove Town Hall. Also the council converted the all the basement parking spaces into cycle parking so there are less spaces and more people using them. I think some spaces are reserved for councillors (maybe just when they have meetings) and some people (the execs etc) will have permits to park there for free.

So yes you're now lucky to get a space after 9.30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Was fuming today.
I needed to go into the centre of Brighton for 2-3 hours to do some business.
As time was generally tight today decided to drive to Norton Road car park and get bus to the clock tower.
I arrived at the car park about 11.45 and drove from the bottom to the top and vice versa, not a space to be found.
Thought this was odd as many workers have taken Easter holiday to be with their children, so why was it full up.

I then wondered if those who work at Hove Town Hall have been given preferential parking.

Anyway, had to park on the street, with, of course a 2 hour limit as opposed to the many hours allowed in the car park.

Meant I had to leave some business unfinished!!!

Have you tried looking for spaces in the 11hr p&d bays that there are around hove station & other streets - or park in Portland road where there is no parking restrictions or hove park area & get bus or train

Edit: I don't have this problem. Zone n permits. Thanks

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here