Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale Contract

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Anyone else slightly concerned that David hasn't agreed a new contract with the club (that we know of)

I'm sure there will be plenty of clubs interested and with him now being 'officially' the best keeper in The Championship, shouldn't we be doing all we can to warn off any potential suitors?

One of three things possibly?

Deal is done. Just not made public.
Deal is as good as done but promotion takes priority
David sees his future elsewhere
CH wants a replacement if we go up.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As with any players [MENTION=3647]Munchkin[/MENTION], assuming promotion, we have far more bargaining power than we have ever had. If we lose Stockdale, Stephens, et al, I am positive we will have, at the least, like for like replacements that want to play in the Prem.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I think it's option 4, like a few new contracts we'll probably have in the forge.

Deal is done, will be signed when we get the P next to our name in the table.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think we should offer him more than 1 year TBH...

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we should offer him more than 1 year TBH...

I guess that all depends on how the club views the progress of Stockdale's heir apparent, Walton.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
As with any players [MENTION=3647]Munchkin[/MENTION], assuming promotion, we have far more bargaining power than we have ever had. If we lose Stockdale, Stephens, et al, I am positive we will have, at the least, like for like replacements that want to play in the Prem.

Maybe I'm naive but one won't find many a better keeper than David Stockdale. Chronically underrated on a national level. He'll get the plaudits he's due in the top flight.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I find it hard to believe that we would only offer 1 year to someone who has had an outstanding year for us

I find that very difficult to believe too. Why would we offer only a 1 year contract to the best goalie in this division, who is still only 31?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I find that very difficult to believe too. Why would we offer only a 1 year contract to the best goalie in this division, who is still only 31?

I would agree normally but this is TSB making this assumption. I would believe him

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would agree normally but this is TSB making this assumption. I would believe him

Isnt that par for course with contract negotiations we start low they start high and meet along the way. I have no idea but would expect them to agree a 2 year deal at a slightly lesser wage than is being offered now, its called negotiations.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's odd, as Hughton, Dunk, Knockaert, Goldson and Kayal have all signed new contracts, and Murray's loan had been converted into a 2 1/2 year deal.

But other than those ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here