Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
https://twitter.com/SwissRamble

Updates on Championship finances for 2015/6

[tweet]851376629117063168[/tweet]

C9CyhrXXoAACCuc.jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Nigh on impossible to turn a profit unless you either have parachute payments or do a Blackpool and restrict all investment in squad wages (from memory they were in the black the year they went down?). Shame because it's such a phenomenal league to be in, in terms of excitement and 'stories'.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
So collectively over £1.1 billion in debt. What happened to Bolton's debt? I thought they owed well over £100m.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
So collectively over £1.1 billion in debt. What happened to Bolton's debt? I thought they owed well over £100m.

I think it was [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] who said that Bolton are refusing to submit accounts, due to the cluster**** in their boardroom.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Now, I could make myself out to be a complete and utter plonker here but how can the gross debt to the Albion be £171m ?
I thought Mr Bloom had personally financed the stadium and training ground and as such the Albion pay an annual rent on theses facilities and as such that there is no direct financial burden to BHAFC.

Awaits the flaming...:flameboun

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Now, I could make myself out to be a complete and utter plonker here but how can the gross debt to the Albion be £171m ?
I thought Mr Bloom had personally financed the stadium and training ground and as such the Albion pay an annual rent on theses facilities and as such that there is no direct financial burden to BHAFC.

I think Tony uses interest free, unsecured loans to finance the club, and periodically converts some of it into shares (effectively writing it off as he owns the vast majority already).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think it was [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] who said that Bolton are refusing to submit accounts, due to the cluster**** in their boardroom.

My brother in law works for them and has told me that twice recently, the bailiffs have been in seizing stuff.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think Tony uses interest free, unsecured loans to finance the club, and periodically converts some of it into shares (effectively writing it off as he owns the vast majority already).

But the stadium and training ground are owned by a separate company and the football club rent them. All depends whether you look at the holding company or singularly the football club.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

yes, a very tax efficient way of doing things.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Swiss Ramble is the Doctor Evil of football fnance compared to my Mini-Me, but we have put together the same data from the various club accounts, his looks more visually engaging than mine!Championship Wages cost per point 2016.JPG

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

There are 'issues' at Bolton involving Dean Holdsworth, and some rather expensive loans.

Bolton Loans.PNG

Holdsworth Dispute Bolton.PNG

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Tony Bloom had loaned the club £171 million at 30 June 2016, but converted £8 million of this into shares in July 2016.

I suspect he has also lent the club a substantial sum during the year, as I am predicting, should we be promoted, losses exceeding £35-40 million for the year to 30 June 2017.

TB's total investment is the loan of £171 million, plus 93% of the share capital, giving a further £81 million, which adds up to £252 million.

Albion Shares 2016.JPG

Albion Creditors 2016.JPG

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I suspect he has also lent the club a substantial sum during the year, as I am predicting, should we be promoted, losses exceeding £35-40 million for the year to 30 June 2017.

TB's total investment is the loan of £171 million, plus 93% of the share capital, giving a further £81 million, which adds up to £252 million]
So TB's spend on the Albion will be c.£300m by the end of this season....?

That's quite a lot of money.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
But how much has Hove Albion lost?

Always bugs me when the media gives every team except us their full name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here