Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are the National Media the biggest JCL's of them all?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Don't expect saturation coverage but we're still 'under the radar' aren't we, almost like we've done something wrong? Bet when it's confirmed they're all over us like a nasty rash! JCL's eh?! :)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's embarrassing! There's a team ahead of Newcastle they should be going mad, even if we were still close enough to challenge they should be making a fuss about us but our headline space has been awful all season.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The media don't matter. Their job is to sell their product. Albion aren't as sexy as a Newcastle United drama.

I don't know why we crave headlines. Who cares ? Let 'bigger' clubs like Leeds United and Derby County hog them. It's not as if it's doing them any favours.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dont worry, there'll be plenty of "rags to riches" stories if we are promoted to the Premiership for first time. enjoy the silence.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
dont worry, there'll be plenty of "rags to riches" stories if we are promoted to the Premiership for first time. enjoy the silence.
. Must dig out the old Depeche Mode albums - thanks! :)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
our headline space has been awful all season.
This just isn't true.

We've been on the TV an absurd amount of times this season, 16, 17 times maybe?

Sky go on and on about us. We have the player of the season. We won the goal of the season. We have a player in the EFL team of the season.

If you read the opinions of other fans, they all think that all the media talk about is Brighton, Brighton and Brighton.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Not a word in the papers today about the QPR match, who cares ? As long as the table shows us as top that is all that counts and let them have their Newcastle/MASSIVE/Mighty love in

There are a few words but yes, It was covered extensively in Saturday's papers.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Not a word in the papers today about the QPR match, who cares ? As long as the table shows us as top that is all that counts and let them have their Newcastle/MASSIVE/Mighty love in

Probably because it happened on FRIDAY and was covered in the weekend papers :rolleyes:.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
it's just a massive northern monkey jizz fest....i have to turn the sound down... but i am realising due to having 6 close mates who are life long lester fans...it ain't worth getting wound up about......i had a shit load of fun just raising my pint to all the Elvis impersonating , cousin marrying , geordi kants who have been smugg as **** for the last 4 months .....****'em.....enjoy it while it lasts peeps ...that's what it's all about...:thumbsup:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Can we please try to avoid perpetuating the myth that football began in 1992. Even though this would be to my advantage having not been around to experience 79 - 83.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
It's embarrassing! There's a team ahead of Newcastle they should be going mad, even if we were still close enough to challenge they should be making a fuss about us but our headline space has been awful all season.

This is a myth. Championship coverage is always limited compared to Prem League coverage but we've had the lions share. Obviously given we're top of the league.
The latest being last nights EFL awards.
Brighton is a good story.
And they haven't even started yet...

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I don't know why we crave headlines. Who cares ? Let 'bigger' clubs like Leeds United and Derby County hog them. It's not as if it's doing them any favours.

Our marketing department would love more headlines. The more exposure we get, the more we're worth as a commodity to businesses who might want their name associated with us if we can give them great exposure. You can't earn anything serious from sponsors if you're never in the media.

el punal

Don't expect saturation coverage but we're still 'under the radar' aren't we, almost like we've done something wrong? Bet when it's confirmed they're all over us like a nasty rash! JCL's eh?! :)

I think that the number of live televised matches that involve the Albion will dispel the 'under the radar' notion. Let's face it, we are the media darlings and always have been since the Gus days. To be honest I love it. It's the recognition we deserve and have craved for, and for all the right reasons. Enjoy it while it lasts. :albion2:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Our marketing department would love more headlines. The more exposure we get, the more we're worth as a commodity to businesses who might want their name associated with us if we can give them great exposure. You can't earn anything serious from sponsors if you're never in the media.

I get that point. But I would argue that a team that is about to reach the top level with a stadium regularly full to capacity should enough to sell the product.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Our fans are SO precious :lolol:

We get VERY good coverage. We used to on the bbc, we do now on Sky and Channel 5.

I have no idea where people get this idea from.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here