Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading heading for intetesting times

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A report in the Telegraph saying that even if Reading win play offs they will be blocked from being promoted toPL.
This is due to chinese take over of club. While EFL have agreed ok subject to conditions. PL not happy as same Chinese that were turned down to buy Hull and PL will not sanction
Maybe the season will extend to the Courts.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I am sick to death of clubs being sold to "know nothing" owners, whatever nationality
Swindon Coventry Blackburn Forest and on and on.
Hard to feel sorry for Reading fans, but I kind of do. Almost

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Reading. That seething metropolis that is so renown throughout the world that even in deepest China, business people are just queuing up to invest in its glorious football team .....

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Isn't there something going on with the land around their ground,and development of it?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
We shall fight for the glory of Reading.................

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I believe the current owners are keeping hold of all the land around the stadium, so they will profit from any redevelopment. New owners will just get the club and stadium
Already plush homes built and being built on the land.....It's certainly not about the football for those lot that's for sure .....

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Oooooh that has swung it for me. I'm on my way etc.
Here's some for you ready and waiting and the tip of the iceberg:D

Attachments

• IMG_0447.JPG
    IMG_0447.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 951

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Again, makes it realise how lucky we are. Plenty of clubs being used as vehicles/playthings/development opportunities by far-east entities who will never had heard of them for most of their lives

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sell a biscuit to every Chinaman in China for 5 pence is £277 million and rising.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
You know the weekend's result was bad when despite this huge news for the club, I still can't stop thinking about the first half on Saturday.

I keep having shell-shock style flashbacks

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
You know the weekend's result was bad when despite this huge news for the club, I still can't stop thinking about the first half on Saturday.

I keep having shell-shock style flashbacks

To be fair, I don't think it will be a problem for you this season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here