Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home Kit 2017-18

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
IF we are in the premier league next season do you think Nike will still stitch us up with the indentikits with the tacky Amex sticker on the front?

Here's hoping not...

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
They should send a postcard to every season ticket holder on which they can submit a design for the kit by return post. Then pick a few for a vote or create an online gallery and let people vote. And Amex should let us stick the iron-on on the back of the shirt.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
IF we are in the premier league next season do you think Nike will still stitch us up with the indentikits with the tacky Amex sticker on the front?

Here's hoping not...
I'm sure I remember reading somewhere on here that Paul Barber was quoted as saying before Christmas that next season's design was already done and that the sponsor panel issue had been 'solved'.

Make of that what you will.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Call me old fashioned but the one mistake of two major ones we made going to the top flight in 1979 was removing the north roof in 1980 and not replacing it.......until after relegation,the 2nd was an all blue kit..in season 2......let's hope these mistakes are not repeated.....unless of course Dicks is re located and a further 5,000 seats are added to the North.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I'm sure I remember reading somewhere on here that Paul Barber was quoted as saying before Christmas that next season's design was already done and that the sponsor panel issue had been 'solved'.

Either-

We ditch Nike or we are not in stripes. Hopefully the former and not the latter.

Option 3 of course is that Nike have come around to not doing stick on sponsors as they do for some teams in the world (listen to this weeks Albion Roar podcast on this).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I really hope the relationship with Nike ends very soon. Personally, I'd love an Under Armour kit or Asics (unlikely as that would be!).

I'd also like them to come out with a line of Albion branded running gear, not just the replica kit, but proper running gear. Errea did a compression shirt with the Albion badge, I have a few of those and love it - top quality compression shirt with the Albion badge on the chest. The players wear this type of shirt, but it's never been available to buy which is a shame.

I'd have thought the club would realise how big the running market is, how many Brighton fans are avid runners and how well these products would sell.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I was listening to three guys chatting on the train from Brighton to Falmer before the Blackburn match, one of the guys works for Nike, he claimed he has been working on bespoke new Nike home and away kits for Brighton for next season. He said with this new contact shirts can be manufactured a lot more quickly for a Premiership club.

He also mentioned designing a bespoke women's England shirt.

Can only go on what I heard on face value and will wait to see what happens

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Apparently NIKE do not make polo shirts in larger than 2XL so will have to ask my brother if they do in USA when he next goes.

Are there any posters living in Florida who know the answer?

Nike are in it to make money, they cater for the majority not for the outsize market.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We are constantly told that people are getting bigger now so there must be a demand and for further proof just have a look around the concourses at The Amex.

Tell Nike, not me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tell Nike, not me.

It was you who gave reason not to produce them I have taken this up with the club who told me that Nike dont make them The silly thing is that I think they make team shirts in larger sizes and sell out, but not polo with the club badge on. I thought of trying to get a club badge on something like a hat or childs shirt and then sowing it on one from Premier Man or Sports Direct.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Get rid of the awful white back please .

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

You sure? I remember listening to the Roar when he was on - Wasn't he talking about the issue of the solid back/stripes/legible number issue instead?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here