Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Morning

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Thought I'd better just check and no, I wasn't dreaming yesterday, we are still TOP OF THE LEAGUE this morning :thumbsup:

Mental to think that Newcastle actually took 6 points off us and yet we're still 2 above them. Other way round and we'd be 14 clear at the top and only GD not confirming promotion already!

Happy Sunday everyone

table.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The Table shows the potential of the clear difference between the Championship and the Premier-regardless of if we win the league or not,the one team we could not beat over two games was Newcastle..

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i went out for a few beers yesterday arvo and the qpr game was being shown on the big screen in the pub........i assumed it was last seasons fixture being replayed then noticed BFG & Seb on the pitch....it was into the 3rd minute of injury time so i had a relatively stress free weekend.......when i woke up smornin' to the sheff weds :lolol: result i was in pure rapture.....nothing loke cracking a bevvy at 8.30 on a sunday morning....:cheers:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The Table shows the potential of the clear difference between the Championship and the Premier-regardless of if we win the league or not,the one team we could not beat over two games was Newcastle..

Gor blimey, you have to go and ruin [MENTION=82]pasty[/MENTION] morning glory :lolol::wink:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I like seeing our full name at the top of the table instead of just Brighton.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Newcastle did the double over us, Sheffield Wednesday did the double over Newcastle, we did the double over Sheffield Wednesday - that shows how unpredictable this division is.

If we finish top, we do so on merit irrespective of whether we beat Newcastle over 90 minutes or not.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

We didn't seem to do too bad against Norwich who were also in The Premier League last season :thumbsup:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

It's not about one team but 46 games. Leicester smashed this league a few years ago and we doubled them.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Newcastle did the double over us, Sheffield Wednesday did the double over Newcastle, we did the double over Sheffield Wednesday - that shows how unpredictable this division is.

If we finish top, we do so on merit irrespective of whether we beat Newcastle over 90 minutes or not.

True,that said i was also saying that seeing as we are both (Newcastle & Albion) virtual Premier teams now,the table clearly reflects it.......look at the gulf in points and GD.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's not about one team but 46 games. Leicester smashed this league a few years ago and we doubled them.

They did...4-1 and 2-1 i think..

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Daft statement... Blackburn have done the double over Newcastle, should they therefore be considered more ready for the Prem than us?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I like seeing our full name at the top of the table instead of just Brighton.

I agree with you.

I also like to see Brighton and Hove Albion (or Brighton & Hove Albion if it must be abbreviated) in every post on NSC instead of just Brighton.

Can you pass this on to everyone else?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Daft statement... Blackburn have done the double over Newcastle, should they therefore be considered more ready for the Prem than us?

However Blackburn have not mastered the Championship yet

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
However Blackburn have not mastered the Championship yet
Isn't that precisely the point?

Over 2 games against Newcastle:

we were well in at there place before Knocky missed a sitter and Sammy had a fairly unlucky red card, and then we all know the luckiest goal that will ever be scored at the Amex in the next 100 years is the only reason they got anything out of that game.

Can only presume you are a glass half full type of person to rationalise this how you have? Newcastle fans will be thinking themselves very lucky to still be in this and very lucky to be comfortably ahead of Huddersfield...

We have been the best side in this league all season, this thread only emphasises the point

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
What? We got two points from the six games against Brentford, Preston and Newcastle. We will lose to villa too (title will be wrapped up before hand) so you can add them to the mix.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Isn't that precisely the point?

Over 2 games against Newcastle:

we were well in at there place before Knocky missed a sitter and Sammy had a fairly unlucky red card, and then we all know the luckiest goal that will ever be scored at the Amex in the next 100 years is the only reason they got anything out of that game.

Can only presume you are a glass half full type of person to rationalise this how you have? Newcastle fans will be thinking themselves very lucky to still be in this and very lucky to be comfortably ahead of Huddersfield...

We have been the best side in this league all season, this thread only emphasises the point

Yes

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thought I'd better just check and no, I wasn't dreaming yesterday, we are still TOP OF THE LEAGUE this morning :thumbsup:

Mental to think that Newcastle actually took 6 points off us and yet we're still 2 above them. Other way round and we'd be 14 clear at the top and only GD not confirming promotion already!

Happy Sunday everyone

View attachment 83786

Just imagine where the Albion would be if it weren't for all those dropped points and goal difference...

...oh yeah that's right...

...still top!

If we're going to have another 12 months of 'that' debate, at least this time we'll only have 5 games to pin it on.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
What? We got two points from the six games against Brentford, Preston and Newcastle. We will lose to villa too (title will be wrapped up before hand) so you can add them to the mix.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk
What's with the negative vibes about the villians game. I am hoping BHA will win every game and get to 101 points.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here