Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Easter Monday...

Stumpy Tim

Even if we lose at Wolves and Huddersfield beat Preston, we could still tie up promotion on Easter Monday. Beat Wigan and wait for Derby to beat Huddersfield in the 5pm kick off.

So will the Concourse remain open for the whole of the latter game?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I did ask this question weeks back and got blown out of the water.
I also asked if Huddersfields game V Birmingham would be shown before the Brizzle game and got torpedoed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will they show the match in the park & ride buses?

A few Ifs here. Too many for my liking. There is a real risk that we might achieve promotion when everyone is at home, drinking tea, with only NSC to keep us up to date with the score in a match that is taking place miles away.

The whole thing will feel like a damp squib.

We need somewhere to congregate. Sort it out, please, Mr Barber.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Could do with a poll/thread, IF we were to go up, where and when?
Wolves?
End of Wigan game?
End of Derby/Hudds?
Away at Norwich?
Brizzle?
Villa?
2019?

Stumpy Tim

Could do with a poll/thread, IF we were to go up, where and when?
Wolves?
End of Wigan game?
End of Derby/Hudds?
Away at Norwich?
Brizzle?
Villa?
2019?

My point is that Easter Monday will DEFINITELY have the potential for Albion to go up - whatever happens next Friday. If we lose to Wolves on Friday & Huddersfield win, it would mean us beating Wigan in the Monday 3pm kick-off, and Huddersfield losing in the 5pm kick off. However - the club should prepare for this. If we beat Wigan & need Huddersfield to drop points in the 5pm game, I would much rather watch it with other Albion fans in the Consourse rather than scatter across the city

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
With the possibility of us sealing promotion is there any likelihood that sky will switch it at this late hour to a 1.30 kick off and show it.

I admit I don't know all the rules surrounding that sort of scenario, but I would very much doubt they would be allowed at such short notice?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
My point is that Easter Monday will DEFINITELY have the potential for Albion to go up - whatever happens next Friday. If we lose to Wolves on Friday & Huddersfield win, it would mean us beating Wigan in the Monday 3pm kick-off, and Huddersfield losing in the 5pm kick off. However - the club should prepare for this. If we beat Wigan & need Huddersfield to drop points in the 5pm game, I would much rather watch it with other Albion fans in the Consourse rather than scatter across the city

It's NSC, so somebody has to do the pedantry. If we were to lose at Wolves but beat Wigan we would have 89 points. If they have beaten Preston, Huddersfield could lose to Fulham and still get 89 points. We wouldn't be promoted. The extremely unlikely possibility of a goal difference swing of about 30 in the last few games would stop our name being coloured in for a while longer.

Stumpy Tim

It's NSC, so somebody has to do the pedantry. If we were to lose at Wolves but beat Wigan we would have 89 points. If they have beaten Preston, Huddersfield could lose to Fulham and still get 89 points. We wouldn't be promoted. The extremely unlikely possibility of a goal difference swing of about 30 in the last few games would stop our name being coloured in for a while longer.

When it comes to the "fans celebrating and getting very drunk" test though, we'll be up

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013

Bar a miraculous turnaround in goal difference we could also be promoted this Friday after beating Wolves

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I admit I don't know all the rules surrounding that sort of scenario, but I would very much doubt they would be allowed at such short notice?

I thought they'd already fulfilled their quota of games to televise so not sure they can

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

They are playing Derby on Easter Monday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even if we lose at Wolves and Huddersfield beat Preston, we could still tie up promotion on Easter Monday. Beat Wigan and wait for Derby to beat Huddersfield in the 5pm kick off.

So will the Concourse remain open for the whole of the latter game?
Good point, well made.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
When it comes to the "fans celebrating and getting very drunk" test though, we'll be up

I passed that moment on Friday night. After the massive bonus of yesterday's results, I would hope that between us all we can guarantee that there is always at least one Brighton fan drunk and celebrating between now and the rest of the season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bar a miraculous turnaround in goal difference we could also be promoted this Friday after beating Wolves
Only if Huddersfield have lost. And if Huddersfield have lost, and we did win, then yes, expect people to be celebrating promotion.

D'oh! And there's me trying to be a pedant.
It's not as easy as it looks :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here