Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can a seagull gat amnesia?

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Any bird psychologists on NSC ? We have a mature seagull in our back garden that appears to have forgotten how to fly. It's just been strolling around for the best part of a day. It's not making any noise and appears to be perfectly contented, although I am having trouble verifying this. I can't exactly interview it! We phoned the RSPCA, but went through to an answering machine yesterday evening. I've got to take the dog out for a walk now. We daren't let it out in the garden. Any suggestions? We don't have a barbecue.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Update:-
I've just returned from the park with Porky the incontinent wonder dog, and the seagull is still in our garden. I've managed to get a few photos of seagulls in flight on my mobile phone, but can't get close enough to the bird to share them with him / her. Perhaps I need the help of a dog psychologist, so that I can avoid carnage in the garden whilst I await a response from the RSPCA? Any dog psychologists on NSC? I was thinking of playing Fleetwood Mac's 'Albatross' on full volume, so that it might make the bird think of flight, but it is unlikely that the neighbours would appreciate this at a quarter past five on a Sunday morning.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I used to run after pigeons in Trafalgar Square as a kid. The vast majority took off as I approached; those that couldn't fly didn't. That technique might work in this situation? You'd only need to do it once to find out... if it can't, then phone for help. It'd be embarrassing to call someone out only to see the bird fly away as they approached it.

Update:-
I've just returned from the park with Porky the incontinent wonder dog, and the seagull is still in our garden. I've managed to get a few photos of seagulls in flight on my mobile phone, but can't get close enough to the bird to share them with him / her. Perhaps I need the help of a dog psychologist, so that I can avoid carnage in the garden whilst I await a response from the RSPCA? Any dog psychologists on NSC? I was thinking of playing Fleetwood Mac's 'Albatross' on full volume, so that it might make the bird think of flight, but it is unlikely that the neighbours would appreciate this at a quarter past five on a Sunday morning.

Rather than seek a bird psychologist or a dog psychologist, the other alternative in this three-way conundrum could be yourself consulting a human psychologist (if you own a Fleetwood Mac album, that might be a good move regardless of this recent development).

I mean no offence by the way, as your Seagull challenge is genuinely entertaining.

Before you solve this problem, you might also want to check how many loyalty points it has for the Villa game.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Rather than seek a bird psychologist or a dog psychologist, the other alternative in this three-way conundrum could be yourself consulting a human psychologist (if you own a Fleetwood Mac album, that might be a good move regardless of this recent development).

I mean no offence by the way, as your Seagull challenge is genuinely entertaining.

Before you solve this problem, you might also want to check how many loyalty points it has for the Villa game.

Are you suggesting that I play it 'Freebird', then ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm thinking it has been troubled by something it may have eaten....

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It's probably this fella , still a bit discombobulated , Will Beer looks like he's never seen a seagull knocked out of the sky by a cricket ball , obviously never played at plumpton .

1407342641_cricket_player_accidentaly_hits_flying_seagull.gif

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I've had a chat with a bird psychologist. I've been advised to refrain from playing it 'Albatross', on the grounds that it might develop an inferiority complex.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's probably this fella , still a bit discombobulated , Will Beer looks like he's never seen a seagull knocked out of the sky by a cricket ball , obviously never played at plumpton .

1407342641_cricket_player_accidentaly_hits_flying_seagull.gif

Obviously hasn't see you carving your sythe at number nine.

Some of nature's finest scatter to the furthest hills. They don't gather behind the stumps though- for the inevitable always arrives.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can't really argue with any of that , the wildlife will be safe this season my back is that of a 100 year old humped campanolagist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here