Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we come back down next season

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
F.....g great we`re going up......Watching top sides next season, However unless we do a Leicester, gotta be favourites for relegation....What is needed to stay up. Tony has put £250m in. Can Sky money keep us up.
Or what can keep us up ???

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
F.....g great we`re going up......Watching top sides next season, However unless we do a Leicester, gotta be favourites for relegation....What is needed to stay up. Tony has put £250m in. Can Sky money keep us up.

If Bournemouth and Watford can stay up then so can we.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

Let's get there first of all.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Possibly, possibly not, but we are now on a footing with all the other parachute payment teams, which means we can play a fair game.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
what can keep us up ???

nigel_adkins_2033886c.jpg

:thumbsup:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
This is a very simplistic view but it's true,we only have to be better that 3 teams to stay up.Its obviously a lot harder than it sounds but I believe that it is achievable without breaking the bank.If Burnley,Watford,Palace,Swansea,Stoke & West Brom can do it then surely we can too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
If we come back down so be it, better to have loved and lost etc.

The thing that makes me believe this will only be a good thing is that the club is so well run that I don't think we will go mad, overspend and put ourselves in a vulnerable position like some clubs do. We will live within our means and if we come back down we won't have a bloated squad on crazy wages and will be able to use parachute payments to go again for promotion. I hate Burnley but they have done very well in recent years using this philosophy

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We certainly can stay up but certainly don't want to see us spend crazy money trying. No disaster to come down as long as we give it a good go.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
we are 95% promoted and probably 60% relegated next season......Hope to be wrong about relegation but I`m a realist !!!

No. If you were a realist you would be stating facts, but you have just plucked 60% out of thin air.

Sad as I am, I have done some research on how many clubs get relegated the season after they get promoted to the prem.
This was after the 2013/14 season: Since the start of the Premier League there have been 62 promotions from the Championship and of those 62 promotions, only 27 were relegated in their first season - 44 percent.
In 14/15 2 went down, 15/16 it was 1 and this season it will probably be 1 (Borough) and possibly 2 (Hull). If Hull do go down, it makes the total of teams that have gone down the season after promotion to the prem would be 45%

Top your glass up mate, you have a (slightly) better than evens chance that we'll be in the PL for at least 2 seasons.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here