Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

96 Points will be enough....

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
To win the LEAGUE TITLE :albion2:

Newcastle will have to drop 4 points which I see them doing and getting a couple of draws at least....or 3 if we overtake their goal difference which isn't likely.

We just need a few wins and a draw from 5 games.

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Saying that, I have a sneaking suspicion that Huddersfield will win their next three matches against all the odds. They are at home to Preston next and their home form is good. Preston have basically little chance of playoffs now after losing to Leeds comprehensively. Leeds will be playing Newcastle next and I fancy Leeds to win as they need the points probably more than Newcastle and Newcastle's home form hasn't always been good and includes strange defeats at times.

This will give Hudds a boost and I see them beating the next two teams as I'm sure they will be out of the playoff picture and may be a bit down about that. Derby will be back from a hard away trip to Brentford with hardly any rest so will struggle against Hudds at home. Hudds then play Fulham but they are at home again. Before this happens Newcastle will have a tricky game against Ipswich away and Ipswich don't lose too many at home. This may give Hudds the boost they need to beat Fulham as it will mean they will have closed the gap massively by then and will be on 80 points if my predictions happen (which are still not all that likely but more than it seems) and Newcastle if they lose at Leeds and possibly lose or draw at Ipswich will only be 4 or 5 points ahead. The Fulham game they can get to 83 and close the gap to around 1 or 2 points as Newcastle play a couple of days later on the 24th and would be under massive pressure against Preston if this scenario occurs. Since if they don't win both Hudds and Newcastle could be very close after 43 games (actually just realised Newcastle would have played an extra game by then too so would have played 44).

Basically, I just see Newcastle possibly slipping up in the next two games and allowing Hudds to smell blood.

Last edited:

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Saying that, I have a sneaking suspicion that Huddersfield will win their next three matches against all the odds. They are at home to Preston next and their home form is good. Preston have basically little chance of playoffs now after losing to Leeds comprehensively. Leeds will be playing Newcastle next and I fancy Leeds to win as they need the points probably more than Newcastle and Newcastle's home form hasn't always been good and includes strange defeats at times.

This will give Hudds a boost and I see them beating the next two teams as I'm sure they will be out of the playoff picture and may be a bit down about that. Derby will be back from a hard away trip to Brentford with hardly any rest so will struggle against Hudds at home. Hudds then play Fulham but they are at home again. Before this happens Newcastle will have a tricky game against Ipswich away and Ipswich don't lose too many at home. This may give Hudds the boost they need to beat Fulham as it will mean they will have closed the gap massively by then and will be on 80 points if my predictions happen (which are still not all that likely but more than it seems) and Newcastle if they lose at Leeds and possibly lose or draw at Ipswich will only be 4 or 5 points ahead. The Fulham game they can get to 83 and close the gap to around 1 or 2 points as Newcastle play a couple of days later on the 24th and would be under massive pressure against Preston if this scenario occurs. Since if they don't win both Hudds and Newcastle could be very close after 43 games (actually just realised Newcastle would have played an extra game by then too so would have played 44).

Basically, I just see Newcastle possibly slipping up in the next two games and allowing Hudds to smell blood.

Well I think it is true that 96 points is enough now for the title, unless Newcastle manage to win four in a row to reach 97 points (not likely) so 95 is possible for them if they draw one. Brighton really only need a couple of wins and a draw now in four games.

What I'm writing about now is that my prediction for Huddersfield catching Newcastle is still on. Derby got mullered away at Brentford and will be tired as Monday isn't very far away. Huddersfield will be 5 points behind Newcastle if they win their game in hand. Newcastle will have problems beating Ipswich who have lost less games at home than Newcastle have. Hudds will be encouraged if they end on 80 points on Monday and Newcastle get a bad result at Ipswich. The best part is that Hudds then play their game in hand against Fulham two days before Newcastle play (so time for them to get nervous) and a win there would bring them to touching distance of a win behind Newcastle. The pressure is then on Newcastle as they have a tricky game against Preston. Lose that one and Hudds could overtake them with their game in hand. This is after 44 games so still some time for catching up in any case.

Last edited:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Well I think it is true that 96 points is enough now for the title, unless Newcastle manage to win four in a row to reach 97 points (not likely) so 95 is possible for them if they draw one. Brighton really only need a couple of wins and a draw now in four games.

What I'm writing about now is that my prediction for Huddersfield catching Newcastle is still on. Derby got mullered away at Brentford and will be tired as Monday isn't very far away. Huddersfield will be 5 points behind Newcastle if they win their game in hand. Newcastle will have problems beating Ipswich who have lost less games at home than Newcastle have. Hudds will be encouraged if they end on 80 points on Monday and Newcastle get a bad result at Ipswich. The best part is that Hudds then play their game in hand against Fulham and a win there would bring them to touching distance of a win behind Newcastle. The pressure is then on Newcastle as they have a tricky game against Preston. Lose that one and Hudds could overtake them with their game in hand. This is after 44 games so still some time for catching up in any case.

Not sure why Derby would be any more tired than anyone else. Udders game in hand is actually the away game against Wolves on 25 April. To me, the key game is against Fulham. I have 50 notes on Fulham to go up, and think they danger team for other PO contenders.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well I think it is true that 96 points is enough now for the title, unless Newcastle manage to win four in a row to reach 97 points (not likely)
Maybe you're right, maybe I'm just too cautious, but I don't think them winning 4 is that unlikely. Their games aren't that tough.

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Maybe you're right, maybe I'm just too cautious, but I don't think them winning 4 is that unlikely. Their games aren't that tough.

The best teams in the league only win about half the time and even the worst only lose about half the time. So in four games the odds of winning them all isn't that big. I have a feeling Newcastle will start faltering if the results go Huddersfield's way on Monday. The bad result won't help Derby's recovery for Monday, plus they have been away so normally it takes a bit longer to recover after the extra travelling.

Anyway, the fact is that Huddersfield will also have played Fulham to get to 43 games and possibly 83 points before Newcastle play their 44th game at Preston and if the three results are in Huddersfield's favour, then Newcastle will be under pressure because they will only be a couple of points ahead. If they slip up at Preston, then Huddersfield can possibly overtake them after just 44 games.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Newcastle will still have to completely collapse to let in Huddersfield. It isn't going to happen, Newcastle will go up automatically, and deservedly so.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

I think you are too cautious. Won just 4 of their last 10 games, and missing Clark and Gayle. They will surely stagger over the line but 4 wins looks unlikely on current form.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think you are too cautious. Won just 4 of their last 10 games, and missing Clark and Gayle. They will surely stagger over the line but 4 wins looks unlikely on current form.
You're probably right, but they surely deserved to win yesterday and they don't have any tough games left. It's amazing that they've only got 4 wins from their last 10, with 2 of those wins being their toughest games of the season.

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You're probably right, but the surely deserved to win yesterday and they don't have any tough games left. It's amazing that they've only got 4 wins from their last 10, with 2 of those wins being their toughest games of the season.

I think that just proves the unpredictability of it all.

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Another thing I didn't realise in my predictions was that Huddersfield are playing after Newcastle today. The results are currently going Huddersfield's way so they will get a further boost from the earlier result for their game against Derby.

Also, currently 95 points will definitely be enough for the title (Newcastle can only get 94 if they lose today and are down 1-0 at half time and could have easily let in another before the end of that half).

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Huddersfield are winning already....and what a third goal by Ipswich... Newcastle have to win one of their next three games or even Reading could overtake them (who have three games against bottom clubs)! Preston, Cardiff and Barnsley aren't going to be easy for Newcastle the way they are going. Especially if Huddersfield are on 80 points after today and manage to beat Fulham too to get to 83 a couple of days before Newcastle play Preston in a week's time (Reading could also be on 82 points by then too, just three points behind).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here