Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smoke Bomb

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Having gone through the QPR ring of steel double search and check that was impressive.

But what else could be easily smuggled in? Is there actually any point in the searches they do at football because it seems to me they only pick up your keys and phone!

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Saw someone getting a small bottle of vodka confiscated. That also got taken out of the stand and I didn't notice them come back.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Did I see someone getting taken away from the pitch side? Might have been after the first goal.
And yes, if searches cant find a smoke bomb then why bother?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Didn't get frisked at all :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did I see someone getting taken away from the pitch side? Might have been after the first goal.
And yes, if searches cant find a smoke bomb then why bother?

Sniffer dogs. There's a notice at the away entrance, in the south stand, saying dogs are used for detecting pyros.

According to Twitter, there were four arrests for pitch encroachment.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Ring of steel"? The steward on the gate glanced at my bag for half a second, patted my shoulders and let me in.

One of my travelling companions walked up to one steward, said to him "I've already been searched" (which he hadn't) and was waved straight through :lol:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sniffer dogs. There's a notice at the away entrance, in the south stand, saying dogs are used for detecting pyros.

According to Twitter, there were four arrests for pitch encroachment.

Saw one guy get pulled out after the first goal celebration I can't condone his action but understand it, the players were there. To me the stewards should have told him to get back in the crowd. Had he had a lot of mates there that could have turned nasty for no real reason.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I don't think I've ever been searched, famous last words as I'm planning on bringing inflatables to the last game..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I know someone who got thrown out of an Arsenal game for racist abuse after being reported by a woman in the crowd. His name was Triger and guess what this woman thought they'd been saying? Still weren't allowed back into game. And Police only let him go when showed his Facebook page to prove that was his nickname. A case of bad hearing but could have had serious consequences.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Only a half hearted pat down for me and my wife, I think they just go through the motions sometimes IMO.
Either that they wanted a game of patta cake patta cake :wink:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I know someone who got thrown out of an Arsenal game for racist abuse after being reported by a woman in the crowd. His name was Triger and guess what this woman thought they'd been saying? Still weren't allowed back into game. And Police only let him go when showed his Facebook page to prove that was his nickname. A case of bad hearing but could have had serious consequences.

O/T....Lovely day to walk around Cliveden, hardly anyone there this morning :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
"Ring of steel"? The steward on the gate glanced at my bag for half a second, patted my shoulders and let me in.

One of my travelling companions walked up to one steward, said to him "I've already been searched" (which he hadn't) and was waved straight through :lol:

Yep almost a waste of time.

Can't help but feel that football is a soft target for a terrorist, inside or outside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here