Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Dunk "Handball"

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Thought at the match that it was a clear handball but having just watched the game this morning and seen Holloway moaning on I'm surprised he didn't see the clear push on Stephens immediately before it. The bloke who heads it was all over him.

If video replays came in would they look at that or just focus on the handball incident? Good example of why it it might not work very well?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Couldn't see from where we were but understand there was a suggestion that Perch's tackle was a possible red?

Rotten tackle. An in between carder. Somehow the ref gave nothing.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thought it was a pen for the handball, tbh. Def yellow, probable red for the tackle - very poor.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Thought at the match that it was a clear handball but having just watched the game this morning and seen Holloway moaning on I'm surprised he didn't see the clear push on Stephens immediately before it. The bloke who heads it was all over him.

If video replays came in would they look at that or just focus on the handball incident? Good example of why it it might not work very well?

Wasn't even a push, it was a clear climbing on Stephens to take an advantage, none of the 'experts' picked up on it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Them's are the breaks that teams at the top end of the table get and finally we seem to be getting some decisions go our way that would not normally..

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That ref was awful last night. Two or maybe even three times their players went in to try and do damage and he just let it go. Poggy wastes time and gets booked! It is obvious to me it is more dangerous to waste time.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes the push on Stephens was a foul and dunk leans toward the ball, his arm never leaves his side but, we've seen them given.

Exactly. More interested in how Perch didn't get a red card, over top the ball, absolute dangerous play for me.

Keith Andrews highlighted probably a penalty but also a sending off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The ball hits Dunk's elbow but he tries to turn his left shoulder to get out of the way. The ball doesn't change direction so although there is contact, it doesn't really affect where it is going. The ref had a clear view of it.

Perch should have got a yellow at the very least, if not red.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Couldn't see from where we were but understand there was a suggestion that Perch's tackle was a possible red?

I thought that it was. Only watched on TV but I am sure the commentary said really bad tackle and lucky to get away with it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think that's a good example of why it won't work. It's not often that such an important incorrect decision will be immediately after another incorrect decision for the opposite side.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was 100% (and unlike footballers, I actually know what that means) at least a yellow. I don't know about red, maybe 50/50?

Yoda

English & European
I thought it hit Dunk in the area between tricep (handball) and shoulder (not handball). If in doubt (which Hoops might have been) you can't give it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here