Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to read Mad Man and Build A Bonfire again

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Just finished reading Build a Bonfire for the 2nd time. Still brings tears to my eyes.

Put's a lot of whats going on at the moment in perspective. We may be close to relegation from the Premier League, but we have a whole lot more to be thankful for.

I was never involved in the Albion during those dark days as I grew up in a family who, despite supporting the Albion, never took me to a home game (other than Gerry Ryan's testimonial - which doesn't count). So to all those who fought, marched, wrote, protested and screamed for the Albion against Archer and Bellotti, I salute you. Without you, we wouldn't have what we have now.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Just finished reading Build a Bonfire for the 2nd time. Still brings tears to my eyes.

Put's a lot of whats going on at the moment in perspective. We may be close to relegation from the Premier League, but we have a whole lot more to be thankful for.

I was never involved in the Albion during those dark days as I grew up in a family who, despite supporting the Albion, never took me to a home game (other than Gerry Ryan's testimonial - which doesn't count). So to all those who fought, marched, wrote, protested and screamed for the Albion against Archer and Bellotti, I salute you. Without you, we wouldn't have what we have now.

Hmmm. Speaking as somebody who was there (admittedly just as a humble footsoldier in the BISA army) I have mixed feelings. Firstly yes, those days and that struggle should never be forgotten, and yes, in the wider scheme of things getting relegated from the Premier League will be nowhere NEAR the worst thing that has ever happened to Brighton and Hove Albion FC.

And I do agree, it does make you grateful for what we have now - but the fact is we HAVE come a long way, and we can't go on using the Archer years, Hereford, etc as the point of reference for absolutely everything..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here