Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Cannot underestimate how important Glenn has been to the cause this season. 20 + league goals and numerous assists. I know some felt that £3m was paying over the odds in January for a player of his age but that is now looking like steal of the century.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cannot underestimate how important Glenn has been to the cause this season. 20 + league goals and numerous assists. I know some felt that £3m was paying over the odds in January for a player of his age but that is now looking like steal of the century.

At least we know the manager rates him this time

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Gus's greatest error of his management career. We'd have gone up during his reign if we'd kept Murray and not signed CMS. He has always been top class and will without doubt score goals in the Premier league.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Unbelievable that any professional manager could think Murray wasn't​ as good as a clueless Labrador like CMS. How I wish Allardcye or Pearson got him. Is it a coincidence that West Ham and Leicester boh went up in the following two years?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Incredible business done by the recruitment team in the past couple of years.

Can't ever be 100% but startling successes.

Chairmen of other clubs whose staff have spent many millions on far worse players must shake their heads when they look at us....

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last nights commentator said words to the effect of:-

'GM had been admiring from afar Brighton's wing play, eager to return and be in the middle of it'.

Murray left to play between zahahahaha and Bolasie playing their very best.
Had he stayed his supply would have been Buckley, Kaz & Noone who combined only had 44 starts.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Murray does what Murray does.

20+ goals a season Championship striker.

It's almost guaranteed.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I was a bit dubious when he came back on loan, fearing he might be a disappointment. How wrong I was. 21 goals and still 5 matches to go.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Class player. Classy guy.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Incredible business done by the recruitment team in the past couple of years.

Can't ever be 100% but startling successes.

Chairmen of other clubs whose staff have spent many millions on far worse players must shake their heads when they look at us....

Paul Winstanley has been a great addition to the club.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I was wrong about ***Murray,he was always worth the money we paid for him and had potential,yet i could not stand the relentless threads bemoaning the fact we had let him go to Palace,he was great for us when we first signed him and he did have his tantrums and so forth first time here,but he has benefited from being away from us then returning-In short he has been phenomenal this season and clearly is relishing his game and life.

I am not 100% we would have seen the best(at this level) of him had we kept him due to Gus/circumstance/progress and players at our disposal back then,it really has worked out rather well.

Edit: *** mainly because i have never been a total fan of re-signing/returning players..

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Murray, the naysayers were saying the 3 Million spent on him (for a 32-year old) was way too much!
I say it's one of the best bits of transfer buying this club has done for a few years! I still can't believe the clubs his goals helped promote didn't use him more in the Premier Leageue!
He has certainly come back to us a far more "complete" player!
And of course whatever we shelled out for Duffy! What another great signing!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The difference now and then about Muzza is his willingness to be involved with fans, he has been our biggest (re)signing for many a year.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
he did have his tantrums and so forth first time here

Was there any evidence of this, or just what Gus said to justify letting him go? I'm beginning to think this is a bit of an urban myth, just like the one that he is lazy and often disinterested.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here