Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Town Center pubs showing the footy

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Promised my nephew I would go to his bands gig at The Hope and Ruin tonight well before Sky decided we would be playing tonight, but his band are not playing until about 9pm, so.....

Not going into town that often I have to ask, what is the nearest half decent pub to The Hope and Ruin that will have the footy on tonight? Should be able to see the first half at least.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wherever you end up, wild horses wouldn't drag me away from the screen before the end of the game. If you nephew is doing a gig around 9, he'll still be doing it at 9.30.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Suggest that as you are looking for Town Center pubs I would suggest waiting for any American posters to come on line to assist.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I would say Duke of Wellington would be a good shout. Nice pub and right round the corner.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Anyone who says FOOTY should be FORCED to watch SoccerAM for the NEXT 10 years NON stop

Everyone knows it's FITBA.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Or - to be people who show a disdain for the game - fooTball (heavy emphasis on the 'T').

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Promised my nephew I would go to his bands gig at The Hope and Ruin tonight well before Sky decided we would be playing tonight, but his band are not playing until about 9pm, so.....

Not going into town that often I have to ask, what is the nearest half decent pub to The Hope and Ruin that will have the footy on tonight? Should be able to see the first half at least.

You've done the right thing by telling your nephew you'll turn up, but without wishing to appear rude, if he is young and hip, is he really going to want a silly old sod like you turning up when he's on stage trying to impress the girls ? Make a last minute excuse, open a bottle of wine or a few beers and get settled in front of the TV.

You know it makes sense :wink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here