Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump Bombs Syria

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
U.S. strikes Syrian military airfield in first direct assault on Bashar al-Assad’s government

The U.S. military launched approximately 50 cruise missiles at a Syrian military airfield late on Thursday, in the first direct American assault on the government of President Bashar al-Assad since that country’s civil war began six years ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...59603a-1ae8-11e7-9887-1a5314b56a08_story.html

I wonder what his mate Vladimir will make of this.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
U.S. strikes Syrian military airfield in first direct assault on Bashar al-Assad’s government

The U.S. military launched approximately 50 cruise missiles at a Syrian military airfield late on Thursday, in the first direct American assault on the government of President Bashar al-Assad since that country’s civil war began six years ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...59603a-1ae8-11e7-9887-1a5314b56a08_story.html

I wonder what his mate Vladimir will make of this.

Trump won't be happy until he's started some kind of conflict

Feb 9, 2012
perth
Hopefully somebody waves a big shiny object in front of him before he decides to take it any further.

Seriously what are the odds that we get a world ending psycho in charge of the US nuclear codes at the very moment we're finally on the verge of promotion!

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Seriously what are the odds that we get a world ending psycho in charge of the US nuclear codes at the very moment we're finally on the verge of promotion!

But look on the bright side. If he waits a few months before starting World War 3, we'll never get relegated from the Prem EVER.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Ruddy shame there won't be a Europe left then, really.

I still see the positives. A great chance to widen our fan base. If a nuclear war does manage to wipe out most of the major european clubs, then I'm pretty sure Bloom would get the fans recruitment team in overdrive, quick. We could potentially have most of Europe supporting us if Bloom plays his cards right. We are in a win win situation right now with this war stuff. There really is no better time to be a Brighton fan.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a bit worrying to say the least but as Trump had said, Obama and the rest of the world backed down after Assad's previous use of Chemical weapons. With his mate Putin on board Assad thought himself pretty much fireproof and so he has struck again.
Something needed to be done, I'm assuming any UN security council resolution would have been blocked by Putin and quite likely the Chinese too, so, we are where we are.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Let's hope there won't be a release of Chemical weapons at that Syrian air Base due to the missile strikes....we all know how easy it is to hit a stray stash of Sarin.... :-?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think the thread title is misleading, it gives the impression that Trump has flown B52's over Syria dropping thousands of bombs recklessly.

When if we are to believe the media The Americans warned Russia before hand and targeted a chemical weapons target or launch area, hopefully preventing any further such attacks. That seems reasonable to me considering the UN has done feck all, apart from sending a strong letter.

The sad thing is that this thread will be bigger and have more unrequited hate for trump than the thread on the chemical attack and the Syrian regime.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Hate to say it, but good on him.

A direct strike on the source of the launch site that the chemical attack, supposedly, came from.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I think the thread title is misleading, it gives the impression that Trump has flown B52's over Syria dropping thousands of bombs recklessly.

When if we are to believe the media The Americans warned Russia before hand and targeted a chemical weapons target or launch area, hopefully preventing any further such attacks. That seems reasonable to me considering the UN has done feck all, apart from sending a strong letter.

The sad thing is that this thread will be bigger and have more unrequited hate for trump than the thread on the chemical attack and the Syrian regime.

59 Tomahawk cruise missiles to take out 1 base seems a bit extreme. Gonna be some collateral damage for sure.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Well said sir! Me thinks it will be around 3000 pages worth ???

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Typical, Brighton are on the cusp of promotion to the premier league but before they get there American sets off world war 3 and it's the end of the world before the 7th May

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]850163020638584832[/tweet]

[tweet]850165252067008512[/tweet]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports