Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Player - can't re-subscribe

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
On Tuesday I logged in to Seagulls Player to listen to the commentary, only to discover that my subscription had expired in March (I haven't received an e-mail from EFL Digital telling me that my subscription was about to expire or encouraging me to renew - what sort of business doesn't try to retain its existing customers?).

Anyway, there was a link to resubscribe, so I selected the Direct Debit option as it is £5 cheaper. However, having entered my details, when I tried to submit I got the following error message:-

DD.jpg

This was using Firefox as the browser (on my work PC). I also tried using IE, but with exactly the same result. When I got home I tried renewing from my laptop (using Firefox) but again with exactly the same result.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any solution? I would like to have it renewed before Monday so that I could watch the U-23s match against Stoke, if it is shown.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The old system used to misbehave like this a fair bit. The new system seems to be fault free, so far. The phone app is great for the commentary. Give it till tomorrow it might reset itself

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The old system used to misbehave like this a fair bit. The new system seems to be fault free, so far. The phone app is great for the commentary. Give it till tomorrow it might reset itself

It hasn't reset itself since Tuesday.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
That's it then. I got nuffink. :shrug:

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
On Tuesday I logged in to Seagulls Player to listen to the commentary, only to discover that my subscription had expired in March (I haven't received an e-mail from EFL Digital telling me that my subscription was about to expire or encouraging me to renew - what sort of business doesn't try to retain its existing customers?).

Anyway, there was a link to resubscribe, so I selected the Direct Debit option as it is £5 cheaper. However, having entered my details, when I tried to submit I got the following error message:-

View attachment 83696

This was using Firefox as the browser (on my work PC). I also tried using IE, but with exactly the same result. When I got home I tried renewing from my laptop (using Firefox) but again with exactly the same result.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any solution? I would like to have it renewed before Monday so that I could watch the U-23s match against Stoke, if it is shown.

When I renewed it wouldn't accept my debit card either. I used my Amex credit card and it worked fine...just a fiver poorer.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I e-mailed their support people last night, giving them details of the two devices and two different browsers I had tried while experiencing the issue.

Today I had a reply from "Jack" - "Sorry to hear about this. Can I ask what device and internet web browser you are using to access Player HD?"

:wozza:

Anyway, it appears that it wasn't working because "From now onward and for the rest of the 2016-17 season the EFL Player HD service will only be offering monthly subscriptions going forward. The monthly subscriptions will renew each month as usual and can be cancelled at any time by emailing ourselves. To gain access to PlayerHD you will need to sign up again as a monthly subscriber."

I did that and it worked, just in case anyone else experiences issues.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I e-mailed their support people last night, giving them details of the two devices and two different browsers I had tried while experiencing the issue.

Today I had a reply from "Jack" - "Sorry to hear about this. Can I ask what device and internet web browser you are using to access Player HD?"

:wozza:

Anyway, it appears that it wasn't working because "From now onward and for the rest of the 2016-17 season the EFL Player HD service will only be offering monthly subscriptions going forward. The monthly subscriptions will renew each month as usual and can be cancelled at any time by emailing ourselves. To gain access to PlayerHD you will need to sign up again as a monthly subscriber."

I did that and it worked, just in case anyone else experiences issues.

Can't sell you an annual one, as (whispers quietly) if we are not in the football league next season, different arrangements may be in place...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here