Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sum Up A TV Show In ONE Sentence

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nothing To Declare = Fining Asian arrivals a couple of hundred Aussie dollars for attempting to bring a couple of dozen crisp packets of concealed live worms on to the Australian mainland.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Graham Norton Show = "Hi, I hear you've got a new book/film/album to plug so let me fawn over how brilliant you are for 10 minutes."

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Location Location Location - smug couples that wear their best clothes cos they're on TV, get shown around houses that someone of their age shouldn't be rich enough to buy, unless they're city arrogant types, and ponce about pouting for the camera in that cool way where they have their sunglasses trendily on top of their heads, for their 5 mins of fame.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Great British Bake Off - plump ex-baker flirts with young amateur bakers

Pointless - two Oxbridge graduates patronise people

University challenge - one Oxbridge graduate patronises 8 Oxbridge undergraduates

Only Connect - One Oxbridge graduate patronises 6 geeks

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Mrs Brown's Boys Heavily debated on NSC numerous times just for people to show their hate for it which is bizarre; don't watch it!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Location Location Location - smug couples that wear their best clothes cos they're on TV, get shown around houses that someone of their age shouldn't be rich enough to buy, unless they're city arrogant types, and ponce about pouting for the camera in that cool way where they have their sunglasses trendily on top of their heads, for their 5 mins of fame.

Agree. However, I'd question whether that is in fact a sentence.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Agree. However, I'd question whether that is in fact a sentence.

I admit it's a comma-heavy sentence, whether that precludes it from the description of 'sentence', and more in favour of 'grammatically questionable rant', I'm not sure.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Marriage
Definitely a sentence

There's been enough programmes on the subject of weddings to merit my attempt at humour

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Marriage
Definitely a sentence

There's been enough programmes on the subject of weddings to merit my attempt at humour

This with bells on (and not wedding bells). Progs about picking dresses, spouses arranging the wedding secretly, bridezillas, to name a few. Then there's the progs about couples in bad marriages (Marriage Bootcamp). I've seen them all, or at least, they have monopolised the TV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here