Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fans near County borders

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
I'm thinking Bognor/Chichester, Crawley/Horsham, crowborough, Hastings etc

Are you a minority as an Albion fan? Are people around you supporting Pompey/Crawley/south London/premier or smaller local s?

Do you think there'll be neutrals or converts attracted by our success?

Nice one for supporting the Albion over a distance by the way! I'm BN1 so it's easy.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
PO21 here in Bognor. The majority are certainly Pompey even though we are in Sussex. Admittedly it's about 20 mins quicker to get to Fratton Park than the Amex. The Albion support is certainly growing with more kids and cars showing signs of an Albion following.
Bognor also has a lot of Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs fans that travel regularly.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Growing up in Horsham in 70/80's it was a predominantly Brighton town. Always remember a healthy following for Fulham in the town too. Same cant be said for Crawley tho where I went to school. That is just a mix of London supported clubs with little BHA support.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On the borders of Middlesex, Bucks & Herts.
Bloody Brexit, showing my passport all the time
I know there's quite a few loan Albionites about :wink:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Right on the border of Devon and Cornwall, obviously lots of Argyle fans a lot of Man U fans and other top PL teams, BUT a surprisingly large amount of Brighton fans.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm in the Hastings area. There are a lot of fellow Albion fans about in this neck of the woods, but plenty of support for the usual suspects in The Premier League, mostly London clubs.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
In a kind of 'nowhere' area of Sussex (near Pulborough) where there's a bit of a mix, but sadly most of the kids are still following PL teams...a fair few Arsenal/Chelsea fans.

When I lived in Littlehampton, there were more and more Albion shirts/car stickers appearing the better we did, but still a few Pompey. Also a few Palace, but they needed to live somewhere cheap and run down so they lived in Wick :lolol:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I'm near the East/West Sussex County border and there's definitely a lot of support in Southwick.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
PO21 here in Bognor. The majority are certainly Pompey even though we are in Sussex. Admittedly it's about 20 mins quicker to get to Fratton Park than the Amex. The Albion support is certainly growing with more kids and cars showing signs of an Albion following.
Bognor also has a lot of Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs fans that travel regularly.

Is it true that Bognor is Pompey and Littlehampton Brighton? Does this cause tensions in the towns?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm reminded of this graphic.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/news...an-supported-their-nearest-football-club.html

fans-support-local-teams.png

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Is it true that Bognor is Pompey and Littlehampton Brighton? Does this cause tensions in the towns?

Yes, I think Bognor is certainly more Pompey and Littlehampton is more Albion.
Bognor and Littlehampton don't mix at all. People in Bognor would gravitate towards Chichester or a country pub if they were going out socially.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here