Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Amex regular Keith Stroud make a horlicks of Toon penalty?

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

Keith Stroud who is an regular as 4th official or in the middle. At the Amex. Appears to have inexplicably got a decision wrong at Newcastle tonight.

After he awards the home team penalty which they score. He disallows the goal and gives Burton free kick.

Can't be encroachment. As they would be made take it again.

But no one, as yet seems to know what happened. Could have been a foul in the build up to the pen. But is the ball in play?

Very exciting.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Done to death on here earlier. Yes - he made a mistake.

As you were, Shoestring.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Keith Stroud who is an regular as 4th official or in the middle. At the Amex. Appears to have inexplicably got a decision wrong at Newcastle tonight.

After he awards the home team penalty which they score. He disallows the goal and gives Burton free kick.

But no one, as yet seems to know what happened. Could have been a foul in the build up to the pen. But is the ball in play?

Very exciting.

Want to type that first bit again...it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

giphy.gif

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Want to type that first bit again...it's crap

I always thought 'a' was used before a consonant sound and 'an' a verb sound. 'Can't be encroachment' surely creates a reversed dangling modifier of the sentence that follows.

Anyway, he's the journalist.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Very exciting.

I hate it when bans finish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not seen that thread, got a link or title please.
You know exactly how it goes, it was more predictable than last nights results.

I'll give you a clue - BG.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

Very exciting.

Can I join in the critique? I choose line 4.

The "But" rule is debatable - as in, you shouldn't ever start a sentence with "But" - in this line, the rule has been broken TWICE !
Also, the subordinate clause has not been closed. The "as yet" is a subordinate clause, so there should be a comma after the "yet".

So, purely on English grammar, I can't give this more than 2 out of 10.

This is Year 7 stuff - anyone proclaiming to be a journalist will already know this ....

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Very exciting.
You are probably one of the few examples of ACTUAL Fake News.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
many years ago when my mrs was into am dram, she was in a show at the Gardner arts by the Pebbles Theater company called Best Little Whorehouse in Texas....(Dolly Parton Burt Reynolds in the film....Whitney Huston massacred the main song, "I will always love you" many years later) anyway, how does this rambling relate to the opening erudite post I hear you ask. Well, Pebbles tried to get the show sponsored by Horlicks ( whore licks)

Ill get my basque, stockings and coat.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here