Sheffield Weds at home 1977
? at home 2002
Play off final 2004
Dagenham and Redbridge (?)at home 2011

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I remember the 87/88 season although not whether I was at the last home game, but all the Withdean era promotions home and away, including the playoff final.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Shamefully just Bristol City in 2004. In my defence I went to loads of the games when we were down at the bottom of the league though.

Hoping that Bristol City 2017 will be a bit of a promotion party, as I have my ticket.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Newcastle 79
Plymouth 01
No game in 02 - Remember meeting up with my Albion chums in Clerkenwell to follow the game which gave us promotion..Tranmere?
Bristol City 04
Dagenham 11

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
A drunken haze for me. Plymouth 2001 on way to meet brother in Newquay for the weekend. Left wife, with a plaster cast on a leg broken skiing a month before, in the car in Safeways car park during the match.
Millennium Stadium with Leon Knight's penalty.
Any at Withdean if there were.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Bristol Rovers 88
Plymouth 01
Bristol City 04

There's a strong West Country link for me so far.

I missed Dagenham in 2011 due to being on holiday in the U.S. I also missed the title winning game at Walsall for the same reason, but managed to watch a livestream, which I think was from a mobile belonging to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] (for which I remain eternally grateful).

Looking forward to notching up promotion game number four this year.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
never seem to be able to get tickets being a northerner.. so not been to any actual confirmed promotion games for the albion ... so Doncaster Rovers vs Bournemouth around 82, and Doncaster vs Leeds play off final 2008.
Although did go to play off failed attempt 1991 Brighton vs Notts County .

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
No game in 02 - Remember meeting up with my Albion chums in Clerkenwell to follow the game which gave us promotion..Tranmere?

Yup, they were playing Reading and Reading had to win. I was watching on Ceefax on a small telly in the corner of the pub whilst some Premiership nonsense was on the big screen. Caused a lot of confusion when I nearly screamed the place down as the 'L' turned to 'FT'!!!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
My most memorable was the 6-0 defeat of Watford in 1958 when local boy Adrian Thorne scored 5 to give Albion their first ever Football League promotion. This being from the last season of the Third Division South to the Second Division. It was time when only one promotion place was available and Brighton has been close for a few of the previous seasons. A bit like now?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Bristol Rovers 1988
Plymouth Argyle 2001

I think promotion in 2002 was secured at home to Swindon Town in a draw.

As I'm not an STH I fear I will miss out this year as it could happen at an away game I can't get a ticket for.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Rochdale 72
MASSIVE 77
Newcastle 79
Bristol Rovers 88
Plymouth 01
No game in 02
Bristol City 04
Dagenham 11

:bowdown:

A few relegations in there too, I guess.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Sheffield Wednesday 77 was an amazing game. The place was packed and the atmosphere spine tingling. I'm sure the North Stand was over crowded and really noisy. They went 0-2 up with Eric Potts scoring for Massive. We eventually won 3-2 with Ward getting at least one. Magical night and we later bought Potts!!

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Bristol Rovers 88, Plymouth (A) 2001 and Playoff FInal 2004 for me. I think we won at Peterborough one year and technically went up the next day when Reading failed to win so that almost counts.

Wigan at home would be nice this year please but I think we'll need to win at both QPR and Wolves to make that possible. .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here