Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion vs Darlington 3rd December 1996 Roll Call.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Were you there?

As the excitement, anticipation and emotion gathers momentum I hope that as many of the 2709 who braved the Goldstone on that cold December night nearly 21 years ago will there at the Amex when we make to the top flight

Sadly the likes of Roy Chuter, Sarah Watts and many others won't but I'm sure they will be with us all in spirit.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Demo at the traffic lights after if I recal?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What was the score?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Were you there?

As the excitement, anticipation and emotion gathers momentum I hope that as many of the 2709 who braved the Goldstone on that cold December night nearly 21 years ago will there at the Amex when we make to the top flight

Sadly the likes of Roy Chuter, Sarah Watts and many others won't but I'm sure they will be with us all in spirit.

Remember it very well.
It makes me appreciate where we have come from when we are now playing in a beautiful arena under a brilliant, dedicated owner.
When I step off the train at Falmer and look at where we are now, I still have to pinch myself.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Some very clear memories of that night.

Case's last game.
Bellotti chased out of directors box.
Possibly the last game before non season ticket holders were allowed back in the NW terrace.
Horrendous defending.
Demo after the game.
A very young Robbie Blake ran rings around us.

How come I can remember so much of an event which happened 20 years ago and I can't remember why I walked into a room now?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The demo was a low point of following the Albion for me, I thought we were going under as we demonstrated. The hierarchy plainly didn't give a shit. Who'd have thunk we'd be where we are now, amazing.

Massive thanks to so many, including you Harty.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
As I and others have said before - they were real shit times but provided such great memories.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The missus and me were there :albion:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I was also there. I remember the pitch invasion well. The frustrating thing about that night was that I believe they were just one place above us, we were 1-0 up as well if I remember rightly. Tough times indeed. Makes whats happening now all the worthwhile!

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
I was there!!.Seems like a a different world away from now.Started in the north and ended up over in the west

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here