Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goals, goals and more goals PLEASE

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Everyone knows the heartache of goal difference after last season which is why we are all revelling in the gulf between us and the chasers at the moment, a gap they are unlikely to even get close to closing.

The gap between ourselves and the Toon however is certainly within reach and I for one would be just a little disappointed if we were to miss out on the title by a similar margin this season.

I recent games we've somewhat taken our foot of the pedal after scoring, almost as if 1 goal is enough, last night for instance when in fact Birmingham were there for the taking and we could surely have added to that tally before half time if we had really gone for it. 1-0 wins would be great to ensure reaching the promised land but it would be a shame if we missed out on that chance to actually win the title just because we give it a proper go.

I know we have scored more but just feel we may be just holding back when we could really put other teams to the sword.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Everyone knows the heartache of goal difference after last season which is why we are all revelling in the gulf between us and the chasers at the moment, a gap they are unlikely to even get close to closing.

The gap between ourselves and the Toon however is certainly within reach and I for one would be just a little disappointed if we were to miss out on the title by a similar margin this season.

I recent games we've somewhat taken our foot of the pedal after scoring, almost as if 1 goal is enough, last night for instance when in fact Birmingham were there for the taking and we could surely have added to that tally before half time if we had really gone for it. 1-0 wins would be great to ensure reaching the promised land but it would be a shame if we missed out on that chance to actually win the title just because we give it a proper go.

I know we have scored more but just feel we may be just holding back when we could really put other teams to the sword.

Hey, our goal difference is a million times better than Huddersfield's, and to be honest, at the moment, that's really the only important thing. Keep ahaead of them, and we will be promoted.

Yes the title would be lovely, onn goal difference or otherwise, but just going up will be more than enough for me.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Hey, our goal difference is a million times better than Huddersfield's, and to be honest, at the moment, that's really the only important thing. Keep ahaead of them, and we will be promoted.

Yes the title would be lovely, onn goal difference or otherwise, but just going up will be more than enough for me.

This entirely. Promotion is the aim, the title would just be a nice bonus.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

3 games in 6 days says points mean prizes, I was rather glad the game turned into a training session at 3-0.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

1. We were fortunate to even BE leading at half time last night. City had hit the bar, had loads of good opportunities, and had enjoyed 67% possession. There was really very little case to suggest we were enjoying a stroll.

2. In past games, if we have cruised through the last portion of games at 2 goals up, rather than going balls-out for more, the little bit of saved energy in players' legs may just have been decisive in later games, perhaps just 3 days later. This race is over 1 x Season, rather than 46 distinct and mutually exclusive matches.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here