Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The name's Bond, Darren Bond

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
So was it a penalty when Solly March went down in the first half? Certainly looked like it from the ESU...

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Looked it from the WSU as well.

Certainly wasn't a free-kick to them shortly afterwards. Thought he got a lot wrong last night.

He did. I particularly enjoyed the long, protracted spell of sarcastic applause that greeted the free-kick he finally gave us just before half-time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What an all round awful referee performance. He got so many decisions totally wrong but dont ask for examples as I cannot remember them but just thinking at the time he had got it wrong.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My instinct at the time was that it was (1) just outside the penalty area and (2) not a foul, as defenders are not obliged to move out of your way.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was frustrating, but a lot of what went on last night was self inflicted. Players giving the ball away, then committing silly fouls in their desperation to try and win it back. They inevitably concede a free kick, get more wound up, and concede another one, and feel even more aggrieved. And so it perpetuates.

Whilst it wasn't great to watch, personally, I didn't really think the referee was having a shocker. Yes, there were a couple of questionable decisions, but really, we brought a lot of it on ourselves. Footballers can be a bit dim sometimes (how often do you see a team chasing a game in the final minutes, and then a player commits a really stupid foul when the opponent is going nowhere, and completely takes the pressure off the defending side?).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was awful. The advantage rule particularly bugged me, very consistently applied, twice we were away and he pulled play back.

His overall interpretation at times was bizarre.

Very poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Right in front of me, and I thought it was a (soft) foul, but not in the box

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My instinct at the time was that it was (1) just outside the penalty area and (2) not a foul, as defenders are not obliged to move out of your way.

It was inside the area, but would have been very soft.

He was awful. The advantage rule particularly bugged me, very consistently applied, twice we were away and he pulled play back.

His overall interpretation at times was bizarre.

Very poor.

I agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here