Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand SLOW DOWN with We're On Our Way PLEASE

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Not a complaint so no high horses required - it sounds totally deafening and amazing when sung a bit slower, but last night it was like fans in the North stand were having a race to see who could finish first :eek:

People then cant keep up, others start the next line early, different stands then try to join in but its all over the place by then and it ends up fizzling out way before it needs to

It would sound incredible to the players on the pitch if we nailed it and continued it - knuckles in lets do it for the Wigan game :albion2:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
We sing ALL our songs too fast. It's the law.

Good olsusbysea

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We're on our way
We're on our way
How we'll get there I don't know
But we'll get there really, really, really fast.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just assumed everybody wanted to get back to:-

'We're on our way'

as soon as physically possible.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
If we want our players and the away fans to feel it in its full spine-tingling force, we have got to slow the 'how do we get there bits' down so more voices can join in

we don't sing any other songs at double speed do we? can you imagine 'go left go left' sung even faster :laugh:

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
We Sing All Our Songs million miles an hour......Sussex by the Sea...way too far fast....Who's that man from Argentina...way too fast.....Stevie Sidwell Song...another.....and the list goes on and on.........Just slow it down. Makes it more powerful and moving.....Just look at Spurs when they slowed down Spurs go marching in....that is really spine chilling

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
The worst one was the Craig Mackail-Smith chant

The "do do do's" literally used to make my jaw ache. It was exhausting, like verbal morse code or something.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
everyone, try this now, I'm at my desk in the office and just did it - sounds awesome

1/ start singing we're on our way
2/ thump desk in time with what youre singing
3/ when it gets to how do we get there etc, youre thunping keeps you in time
4/ you sound awesome in the office/factory or wherever you are

hopefully others will join in :albion2:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
We Sing All Our Songs million miles an hour......Sussex by the Sea...way too far fast....Who's that man from Argentina...way too fast.....Stevie Sidwell Song...another.....and the list goes on and on.........Just slow it down. Makes it more powerful and moving.....Just look at Spurs when they slowed down Spurs go marching in....that is really spine chilling

I can't stand that one, it's far too slow.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
well if youdve heard the chap at the west lower / swc border last night and HIS rendition of we're on our way... you wouldnt be complaining of the speed... it was his own special version in his own style... mightily amusing.... although would def pass on an evening of karaoke with him!!

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013

Really? Don't think I'd say it's anything like spine chilling.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Huddersfield fans are singing it too now apparently. One of the teams isn't on there way...

And I'm in the North and I shan't be singing it until we're actually on our way. Bah humbug.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here