Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's time. We're going up.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If you honestly, seriously, disagree with this statement, then let's hear it right now.

We're going up, we're by-passing the play-offs, and this is going to be the most successful Brighton side that the world has ever seen.

12 points clear. 6 games to play. Imagine if these stats were the other way around. We'd have given up long ago.

Will we lose again? Probably. If we don't, it's not even going to be close. Over the course of the season, we're so much better than Huddersfield. We've done it this time, there can be no argument. Going up up up.

We're on our way!!!

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
If you honestly, seriously, disagree with this statement, then let's hear it right now.

We're going up, we're by-passing the play-offs, and this is going to be the most successful Brighton side that the world has ever seen.

12 points clear. 6 games to play. Imagine if these stats were the other way around. We'd have given up long ago.

Will we lose again? Probably. If we don't, it's not even going to be close. Over the course of the season, we're so much better than Huddersfield. We've done it this time, there can be no argument. Going up up up.

We're on our way!!!

Pessimist is my middle name but I agree, we are going up. What a season this has been, what a team.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'll continue to take it one game at a time thanks very much, until we don't have to anymore. It'll make any potential celebrations all the sweeter.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not wanting to disagree with the gist of the thread, but Huddersfield have 8 games to play.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yup*. I've started planning our signings for the summer: Stephens first; then a forward (Defoe, Abraham, Abel Hernandez, some superstar from Europe) or, better still two of them; perhaps a goalkeeper, maybe Begovic (sorry PotS); a left-back (Robertson); a defensive midfield player (Mooy, maybe); an attacking midfield player (Siggurdson or Cairney); probably a right-back (Tomori will probably serve as decent enough cover for Bruno and Liam); maybe even another winger to complement the Solly and Knocky show that's going to light up the PL.
Next task: just how many and which of the away games to go to.

* It could all go tits up, but I suspect two more victories might even be enough at this stage.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I want to be excited. I want to join in with all the joy and merriment.

But something inside of me just refuses to, until it's mathematically certain. This is one hell of a weird league, so I don't want to get too excited until we're there.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Go away with your optimistic tripe, it has no place here, yet..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

But something inside of me just refuses to, until it's mathematically certain. This is one hell of a weird league, so I don't want to get too excited until we're there.
I'm not even nearly excited.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We're so certainly going up, I've already ordered my plastic chair and purchased Sky. Anyone able to pick me up a half and half scarf at the 1st game?!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm not wanting to disagree with the gist of the thread, but Huddersfield have 8 games to play.

Who?

I'm talking about us. It's time to celebrate, even we can't mess it up from here. Seriously, we cant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Part of me wants it to get tight again (pardon the expression), with us just squeaking over the line in the final week. Too easy, and we'll start thinking it will all be a breeze in the prem, rather than the hurricane it is bound to be (shed roof off on a regular basis, lawnmower ruined, etc). But, no, we're up aren't we? Yes we are. Hasn't quite sunk in yet as I'm not blubbing like the solid gold 24 carat wet poof that I normally am on momentous occasions. :lolol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Find me an example. Something even close to the complete catastrophe of a team in our position messing it up now. I'm intrigued. Has it ever happened?

We're on our way!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've spent WAY too much of my life on here. I don't want to even contemplate how many hours have been spent reading posts from you lot who I don't even know but in an odd way know better than most of the people I do actually know. And 99.9% of the time that has been whilst we labour to 1-0 defeat away at Shrewsbury on a Tuesday night in mid-February in Div 3, but that's okay because Scunthorpe lost too, so we're still 18th with a game in hand. Or something very similar.

So tonight, I feel optimistic. For all of us.

It's time. We're going up. :drink:

Who?

I'm talking about us. It's time to celebrate, even we can't mess it up from here. Seriously, we cant.

Please stop.

Until there is a P, or maybe even a C next to our name i simply will not believe.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Find me an example. Something even close to the complete catastrophe of a team in our position messing it up now. I'm intrigued. Has it ever happened?

We're on our way!

I don't think there's actually a case before of a team cocking it up this close to the finish line, I was more thinking of the fact that regardless of league position, a lot of teams can take points from each other - there's no certainties.

I hope to God (other deities are available) that we don't, but I just want to take a look at the table showing us we're up before I pop open the emotional bubbly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Part of me wants it to get tight again (pardon the expression), with us just squeaking over the line in the final week.
WTF is wrong with you, you masochistic nutter?

Too easy, and we'll start thinking it will all be a breeze in the prem
No we won't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here