Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Getting very bald now, good view from WSU

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
He has already had one hair transplant, has that all fallen out already?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's a decent head of hair to me; what you on about?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Truly clueless manager. I know they were three games unbeaten before tonight but to take a team on the edge of the playoffs into genuine relegation contenders is truly remarkable.

Apart from one season at Watford his record is truly shocking. Such a shame as I loved him and his rubber face as a player

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
On behalf of the multitude of folically-challenged men in the Upper West, I have to say I'd shave my paucus patch if I had to stand under those cruel stadium lights.

Zola is quality. I remember trying to get a soundbite off him when he took a shooting session at Falmer ages ago. He did some stuff with Will Buckley, who then scored twice at Peterborough on the Satdi, I think.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Truly clueless manager. I know they were three games unbeaten before tonight but to take a team on the edge of the playoffs into genuine relegation contenders is truly remarkable.

Sounds similar to an ex-manager of ours...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Pics?

Clearly a useless manager as well. How their form has suffered since harshly sacking Rowett...

Side view ok....obviously need the ariel one
IMG_0027.jpg

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Gianfranco Zola reflects on Blues defeat in Sussex

Gianfranco Zola on the opening goal being conceded so quickly . . .
"We wanted to be defensively strong at the beginning and wait for our moment, to hit them on the counter. But it was a poor start, on the wrong foot, and it compromised the rest of the game for us.
"If you allow a team like Brighton to be in front like we did, then it makes it difficult, considering the value of their team.
"We actually went closer to them than scoring in the first-half (apart from the goal). "We hit the crossbar through Craig Gardner, Clayton Donaldson had a very good chance. But as I have said to the players what determines the game is not the 88 minutes where you play the game but those two minutes or so when you have to be focused and effective; if you lose your focus or concentration in these crucial
moments then you can get punished against a good team."

Gianfranco Zola on Blues start to the second-half . . .
"The two goals we conceded were bad. Very bad. Especially the second one. It was poor because we were slow in transition and that's something recently we haven't done. I have to be honest, I came into the game with a good feeling that we could have done something better than this."

Gianfranco Zola on the tactical approach, having made four changes . . .
"I felt we needed to be more aggressive (in our formation) to help defensively. If we had played only one striker, it would have helped them, they always push the two full-backs forward. If you allow that, it becomes very difficult against them. I wanted to stop them getting too many men forward (in general), so there were two strikers. I made the players aware that the big danger would be the transitions. When they sit back and then come at you, they are one of the best teams in the league at that, very dangerous. I felt we played some very good football, we created chances and we did (generally) stop them doing what they are good at - but when you concede after one or two minutes, and then like we did in the second-half, you don't help yourselves."

Gianfranco Zola on goalscorer Che Adams performance . . .
"He was very good. Clayton Donaldson in the first-half was also threatening the opposition. Che was good, he has not been playing the last couple of games but he made an impact. Kerim Frei was the same when he came on too."

Gianfranco Zola on a first defeat in four matches . . . :lolol:
"It's not a 'step back'. We were playing a team at the top of the division and above all their home record is the best in the Championship. We had moments in the game when we should have done better. Obviously the result was not good and it wasn't another step towards the position we want to be, to be able to enjoy our football. But I won't need to pick up our team. We are competitive, determined, we know
what we have to do (from here on in)."

Read more at http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/gianfranco-zola-3658843.aspx#w74xFGp5WvRtQjJQ.99

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's a bit like Bobby Charlton; amazing player, clueless manager. Except that Charlton is a miserable bugger (albeit, he's never got over Munich, which is understandable). And I can't imagine Charlton walking so swiftly into another man's job, under such circumstances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here