Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is tonight a season defining game?

barnden10

May 11, 2014
Tonight feels huge, not quite sure why. Been at work and not really been concentrating as want the game to hurry up. Win tonight and we are so very close as can see Huddersfield dropping points again and Newcastle will at weekend. Can't see Burton doing us another favour tomorrow

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
From now on every game is defining

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

barnden10

May 11, 2014
We need an early goal, atmosphere at evenings game are always a bit rowdier (less kids) under the lights GOSBTS what more could you want for a Tuesday evening?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Not really but it's another step in our quest for promotion.

It could be argued that many of the past 39 games were season defining.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The game in reality isn't season defining, it's very important though.

What is significant is the timing (much like Friday) in that we play before Newcastle and Huddersfield... if we can win it piles pressure on them.

barnden10

May 11, 2014

What is significant is the timing (much like Friday) in that we play before Newcastle and Huddersfield... if we can win it piles pressure on them.
This is a good point, just has that big game, hugely important feeling to it tonight. (May just be me)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tonight is the night to crush the spirits of the chasing peloton.

This is why this game is very, very important IMHO...

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ

What he said. Weirdly this game feels less important because of the result double on Sat, but a win puts massive pressure on those around us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Away wins at Barnsley and Rotherham were more critical in my opinion, after major setbacks, to keep arrogant Wagner's Huddersfield just bay. Without those we might have lost confidence, whilst boosting rivals.

In a different way, three points tonight would surely be a kick in the teeth to the play off placed teams, that automatic promotion for them is so unlikely now.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Tonight feels huge, not quite sure why. Been at work and not really been concentrating as want the game to hurry up. Win tonight and we are so very close as can see Huddersfield dropping points again and Newcastle will at weekend. Can't see Burton doing us another favour tomorrow

I know what you mean. I keep thinking how important it is, however it isn't until now that I realise just how often I have felt that lately. Each game of the last 5 or 6 I have looked at as vital, and then the second we get the result it is a case of, well that was simple but the real test is the next match ...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is a good point, just has that big game, hugely important feeling to it tonight. (May just be me)
It's because we've only got 7 games left, and it's at home. Being so close to the finish line, it is very important.

Not season defining though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know what you mean. I keep thinking how important it is, however it isn't until now that I realise just how often I have felt that lately. Each game of the last 5 or 6 I have looked at as vital, and then the second we get the result it is a case of, well that was simple but the real test is the next match ...
:lol:

The problem is, we've not been on consistent runs recently, so as soon as we've got a couple of wins and think we can ease clear, we've then dropped points. At the end of last year we got 5 wins in a row. We haven't managed 3 in a row since then.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

This is it exactly. I go home after a result feeling good then remember we have another game coming up and immediately switch into "this next game is huge" mode.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What he said. Weirdly this game feels less important because of the result double on Sat, but a win puts massive pressure on those around us.

100%. This a real 'strengthen from a position of strength' opportunity. A 12 point gap could start to feel insurmountable for the chasers.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If we lose tonight NSC will be in meltdown

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here