Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With all that is going on ("Easter" egg hunt)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
May has found time to say that she is FURIOUS with the National Trust for removing the word 'Easter' from their now titled 'Great British Egg Hunt'

Well sorry Teresa, if you weren't off doing arms deals with the Saudis, you might be able to spend more time practicing your Christian values and stop cuts to tax credits that will plunge thousands of British families into poverty.

Mathew 27.50

And at the 9th hour, the sun stopped shining. Jesus bowed his head and yielded up to the ghost, crying out in a loud voice.

“If it hasn’t got Easter in bold letters on it don’t f**cking buy it”

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The only surprise here is that Theresa clambered up on to this particularly pointless bandwagon before the Daily Mail. Only another eight months, Mrs May, and you can find a similar load of old crap to spout about Christmas I'm sure.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
May has found time to say that she is FURIOUS with the National Trust for removing the word 'Easter' from their now titled 'Great British Egg Hunt'

Well sorry Teresa, if you weren't off doing arms deals with the Saudis, you might be able to spend more time practicing your Christian values and stop cuts to tax credits that will plunge thousands of British families into poverty.

Screenshot_20170404-114750.png

I think the NT have to make money somehow, shame really they cannot leave the word Easter in the title.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
View attachment 83579

I think the NT have to make money somehow, shame really they cannot leave the word Easter in the title.

Perhaps that advert looking the way it does is more to do with Cadbury's attempting to promote their branding than any sort of religious issue? I bet they'd love Easter to be associated in everyone's minds with their products.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Perhaps that advert looking the way it does is more to do with Cadbury's attempting to promote their branding than any sort of religious issue? I bet they'd love Easter to be associated in everyone's minds with their products.

Yeah, too right, what about Maltesers made by Mars, as they are my favourite - think I will protest. :)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

TBF it still says 'Join us over the EASTER holidays, for the...'

Have been taking our nephews there, for a few years, it used to be advertised as 'Easter egg hunt', but changed to Cadbury for obvious reasons.
People can still go with Easter egg hunt in their minds.
Just depends on how religious you are, and how much you want to see the kids enjoy themselves, keeping up with tradition or corporate chocolate, I guess.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Yeah, too right, what about Maltesers made by Mars, as they are my favourite - think I will protest. :)

I want a Halal confection, or failing that a non-denominational pastry and I shall continue writing to the Morning Star until ALL muslims acknowledge why I can't get one.
Or something.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I want a Halal confection, or failing that a non-denominational pastry and I shall continue writing to the Morning Star until ALL muslims acknowledge why I can't get one.
Or something.

Unsure if your username and Halal should go together somehow.:smile:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Don't suppose he notices Easter as he is a GODLESS Commie...

That is really funny and people are looking at me as I can't stop laughing.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
She's TRYING to send us back to "Miss Marple Britain" with Brexit, she's obviously annoyed that removing the word "Easter" from NT literature is undermining all her good work.

It's almost as bad as the day all those nasty do-gooders stuck their beaks in and had all the "NO DOGS, BLACKS OR IRISH" posters removed from Bed and Breakfast establishments up and down the country.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here