Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV presenter Simon Reeve.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Have watched most of Reeve,s travel programme's and for me i find them interesting viewing, however what's do other NSC users think of Reeve ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He is very good

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I happened to watch the recent Turkey documentaries he did and thought they were really good. His trip to the refugee camp on the Syrian was an amazing insight for one.

D

Deleted member 22389

I happened to watch the recent Turkey documentaries he did and thought they were really good. His trip to the refugee camp on the Syrian was an amazing insight for one.

And so was the 50ft partition so men couldn't look out at the female only swimming pool at that Islamic hotel.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Yep the two Turkey episodes were excellent viewing. I thought he came across very well. It made even more special because I love Turkey as a country, it's beautiful.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Really interesting shows. They generally make a good job of not painting a romanticised picture of the destination, such as showing the waste tip island in The Maldives. He also seems to be a ice guy. I bumped into him at work and had a few moments to get all fanboy and say how much I enjoyed his work. He seemed almost embarrassed by the attention and rather humble but very grateful. Nice chap.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sadly Turkey under Erdoğan has concerned me for a while. It appears everything Ataturk has done to make Turkey a secular modern country is being undone.
Atatürk said religion is a personal thing and should be kept out of every day life. Erdoğan is dragging Turkey back to it's Islamic roots

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
He's excellent. Not watched his documentaries on Turkey yet, but the 2 parter he did on Greece last year was fantastic television.

In one part of one of the programmes on Greece it was interesting to see that the Greek government had spent over £5 billion of money that they don't have on German military hardware and along with and yes the Greek government could not have got into such a financial mess without the help of the EU and international fananicers and for me that's straight forward question. Mind you maybe i missed that on the news ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sadly Turkey under Erdoğan has concerned me for a while. It appears everything Ataturk has done to make Turkey a secular modern country is being undone.
Atatürk said religion is a personal thing and should be kept out of every day life. Erdoğan is dragging Turkey back to it's Islamic roots

I've never been to Turkey myself. I've got an old mate from Hastings who now lives and works in Eskisehir. I was chatting to him online after the coup last year and he got asked to leave the bar he was drinking in that Friday night due to the curfew being imposed after the attempted coup took place. I can't even come close to beating that for a reason to leave a bar!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I've never been to Turkey myself. I've got an old mate from Hastings who now lives and works in Eskisehir. I was chatting to him online after the coup last year and he got asked to leave the bar he was drinking in that Friday night due to the curfew being imposed after the attempted coup took place. I can't even come close to beating that for a reason to leave a bar!

Been about 8 times. I find the Turks some of the friendliest people in Europe. They are a shining beacon for an Islamic country. Where else would see see pork shops with a smiley pig signs in a muslim counrty ? Booze is everywhere. Topless sunbathing etc even though i think that is wrong.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here