Brighton v Birmingham

Sky Bet Championship

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Tuesday 4th April 2017
Kick-off: 19:45 BST
Referee: Darren Bond
Assistants: Dan Cook, Adam Crysell
Fourth official: Gavin Ward

Brighton striker Sam Baldock remains out after missing Saturday's win over struggling Blackburn Rovers.

Seagulls captain Bruno is available for second-placed Brighton following two games out with a groin problem.

Birmingham midfielder David Davis could miss the trip after sustaining a toe injury in Saturday's draw at Ipswich.

Defender Michael Morrison is out for Blues and boss Gianfranco Zola is considering resting veteran centre-back Paul Robinson.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Brighton have won four successive league games [against] Birmingham, scoring two or more goals in each clash.
    [*=left]The Blues have lost their last three away league matches against Brighton; they last lost four in a row in 1988.
    [*=left]Brighton have recorded 12 clean sheets at home in the league this term; their highest tally in a season since 2003-04 (16).
    [*=left]Since Gianfranco Zola took charge of his first Birmingham game on 17 December, only Rotherham (15) have lost more Championship games than Blues (10).

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
5-0 win
Was worried about dropping points before the Blackburn game but tonight I'm full of optimism
Saturday was a pressure game against organised side
Pressure of a bit now, players can play with that extra bit of carefree confidence

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I can't see us getting anything. I think they'll get an early goal forcing Zola to play more attacking while leaving the back door open. 3-0 to the bum bandits.

Classy.

There is nothing classy about anything said in a Brummie accent...It has to be the worst accent ever...

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
We played them recently and laboured to a 0-0 draw. However that was without Clark, Gayle, Shelvey and Yedlin. We still had 65% possession, took 17 shots, and were only denied by a top display from Kuszczak.

I'd expect an edgy start because of the pressure, but someone will grab the opener early in the second half and once that happens you'll grow in confidence and put at least 1 more past them soon after. It'll finish 2/3-0 I reckon.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is nothing classy about anything said in a Brummie accent...It has to be the worst accent ever...

Too true, awful accent

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I can't see us getting anything. I think they'll get an early goal forcing Zola to play more attacking while leaving the back door open. 3-0 to the bum bandits.

Classy.

Posted by someone whose avatar is a man in a gimp mask...

I like "only 1-0 as they will struggle to break down our 10 man defence."

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Blimey, don't think I've seen a predictions poll where not a single supporter predicts a win for his/her own team - there's normally at least one optimist.

Reminds of the old Jasper Carrot joke about supporting Birmingham: "you lose some, you draw some"

They have optimists - apparently those suggesting a DRAW are optimistic

There appears to be a lot of optimists on here. Watch it evaporate as we fold versus Brighton and our relegation rivals get points. Will set us up nicely for Gary Rowetts return with Derby.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here