Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broadchurch

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We only came to the programme this series, but I think it is acting at its very best.

A bit like the bbc police drama on Sundays the twists and turns are so well blended and last night's episode was brilliant from start to finish.

It is so good that you don't get distracted by the breaks for adverts, which normally puts us off watching ITV dramas.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It is superb. The lead detectives in Tennent and Colman are excelling themselves and are very strongly supported. Personally I think that Julie whatserface who used to be on Coronation Street has been a revelation as Trish - outstanding, particularly in the first couple of episodes.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Please no Spoliers on this thread, I am still playing catch up. Amazing acting as you say though. I heard a rumour about Coleman being the first female Dr Who too, dunno how true that is but she is a fantastic actor (not going to say actress at that seems such an antiquated term).

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Just caught up with Series 1 - have missed out Series 2 on advice and am recording Series 3. I thought Series 1 was pretty good, well acted, good plot lines and suspense and suspicion maintained until the final revalatory episode. Only criticism was that one or two scenarios were either unlikely or extremely unlikely (e.g. the notion of the police allowing the father of the murdered boy into the police station to go unaccompanied through the station to the cell of the murderer, lift up the communication hatch and have an extended go at him). Looking forward to Series 3 though.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
We are finding it unmissable. The only gripe is having Lennie Henry cast I keep expecting him to crack a joke.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It is ok, but 8 episodes should be condensed into 6, I reckon.
The first series started off well, but went on and on and on. Almost lost the will to live.
Second series was poor though this one is better.
Much prefer Line Of Duty.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
It is great, but i think that this series (perhaps with the exception of last night) has been a considrable step down when compared to the first 2 series.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Anyone else watched the version for US TV, Dr Who doing an American accent to boot? Different ending too.

91SN6S0pCBL._SL1500_.jpg

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just caught up with Series 1 - have missed out Series 2 on advice and am recording Series 3. I thought Series 1 was pretty good, well acted, good plot lines and suspense and suspicion maintained until the final revalatory episode. Only criticism was that one or two scenarios were either unlikely or extremely unlikely (e.g. the notion of the police allowing the father of the murdered boy into the police station to go unaccompanied through the station to the cell of the murderer, lift up the communication hatch and have an extended go at him). Looking forward to Series 3 though.

Do not write off series 2, although it is not as strong as the first I still really enjoyed it.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I like the new story line but i don't give a shit about the parents from the first series. I think Lenny Henry's good, the one i struggle with is Charlie Higson.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I like the new story line but i don't give a shit about the parents from the first series. I think Lenny Henry's good, the one i struggle with is Charlie Higson.
I tend to agree with this. I don't understand why we have the last series characters (unless they are intertwined somehow?) and the ending last night was soooo unnecessarily depressing as a consequence.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I tend to agree with this. I don't understand why we have the last series characters (unless they are intertwined somehow?) and the ending last night was soooo unnecessarily depressing as a consequence.

I don't see how they couldn't involve the parents somehow. A small town has a child murder 5 years previously, it would echo through for a few years at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here