Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie - Arsenal Fan TV

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Before you criticise, that could be us in a few years time! Fans get used to success and then it gets boring. Arsenal fans are complaining that they only finish 4th in the league? Are they for real?
Let's see what happens when Arsene leaves. I am intrigued.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
At lot of these new JCL Gooners forget the mandate Arsene had going into their new stadium. He had to keep them in the CL for 10 years straight to pay for the new stadium.

As for this being us -- I will always remember sitting in the rain at Withdean. I hope to stay humble.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It's amazing how angry they get considering most of them don't even support their local team. Arsenal fans think they're a massive club when in reality, all their players jump boat the second they get the chance.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
I just call them Entitlement FC now. They're pathetic. And the structural vacuum once Wenger leaves will mean this will be just the start for them.

Makes you wonder how they would have coped with Archer and Belotti.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's amazing how angry they get considering most of them don't even support their local team. Arsenal fans think they're a massive club when in reality, all their players jump boat the second they get the chance.

To be fair to Arsenal, they are probably the team followed least by the glory hunting brigade out of the top teams. Most of their fans are from North London at least, hence why they have far more black fans than any other club. The vast majority of people at Arsenal games have local accents, unlike Chelsea / Man Utd / Liverpool etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
To be fair to Arsenal, they are probably the team followed least by the glory hunting brigade out of the top teams. Most of their fans are from North London at least, hence why they have far more black fans than any other club. The vast majority of people at Arsenal games have local accents, unlike Chelsea / Man Utd / Liverpool etc.

Totally agree with this.
The majority of Arsenal fans are die hard Arsenal, the Emirates has allowed them to come off a very long Highbury waiting list.
My brother in law is a life long north London Gooner season ticket holder and I have been to Highbury and Emirates many times with him over many years and so many of there fans are local.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agreed.

That said, they HAVE lost any notion of proportion over this. 20-odd years of top 4 finishes, a groaning trophy cabinet until relatively recently and now finally they're not going to be playing in the Champions League. Although I do wonder whether Wenger wishes he'd left 3 years ago. As it is, when he goes there will be all sorts of accusations of how he left a club in turmoil when the reality is that they will finish 6th.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Agreed.

That said, they HAVE lost any notion of proportion over this. 20-odd years of top 4 finishes, a groaning trophy cabinet until relatively recently and now finally they're not going to be playing in the Champions League. Although I do wonder whether Wenger wishes he'd left 3 years ago. As it is, when he goes there will be all sorts of accusations of how he left a club in turmoil when the reality is that they will finish 6th.

It's all relative though. Imagine what fans of clubs that we used to battle it out with like Orient must think when they see us moaning that we've missed out on promotion to the Premier League again (fortunately that wont be happening this year). It's the same thing, you get used to your club's usual position and moan when it worsens.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

That might be true of fans who actually attend games. But for clueless div armchair fans the only rival is Manchester United.

Last week I mentioned to the office 'Arsenal fan' about the rumours of Sanchez moving to Chelsea. Without a hint of irony he said; 'if he does that I will cancel my Sky and BT subscription.'

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Before you criticise, that could be us in a few years time! Fans get used to success and then it gets boring. Arsenal fans are complaining that they only finish 4th in the league? Are they for real?
Let's see what happens when Arsene leaves. I am intrigued.[/QUOTE

They have a massive rebuilding project to do - I would bin of Ozil straight away - no way is he worth the money he is demanding - Give it to Sanchez.

It's just so badly run at the moment, they have let so many players run contracts down.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
That might be true of fans who actually attend games. But for clueless div armchair fans the only rival is Manchester United.

Last week I mentioned to the office 'Arsenal fan' about the rumours of Sanchez moving to Chelsea. Without a hint of irony he said; 'if he does that I will cancel my Sky and BT subscription.'

The muppets on Arsenal TV are the ones that go to games. Also, even the Arsenal armchair fans are generally based within an hour or so if the Emirates. You don't see many Arsenal shirts up North, unlike the amount of Liverpool / Man Utd shirts you see everywhere else.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think that Wenger will stay because the board have agreed to spend big time on players this summer and try to hold on to Sanchez and Ozil.
With Spurs now finally above them and building a better stadium (1000 more seats than The Emirates, that made me smile) and Chelsea etc so much better they have no choice but to buy quality players or they will end up 5th or 6th and, as mentioned they need to qualify for EL and compete in PL.
If they fail next season Wenger will definitely go.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's all relative though. Imagine what fans of clubs that we used to battle it out with like Orient must think when they see us moaning that we've missed out on promotion to the Premier League again (fortunately that wont be happening this year). It's the same thing, you get used to your club's usual position and moan when it worsens.

We weren't "moaning", we were gutted. And this is different - in TWENTY seasons, they've not had a single season outside the top 4, they've finished above their main rivals in all of them, and their "barren" spell without a major trophy is now two seasons.

That stands up to pretty much every other team. Man Utd were actually more successful but have since fallen off a cliff, Man City have been nothing like as successful in that 20 year period and although Chelsea have, their success has only been apparent in the more recent decade.

Sorry, my point stands. Arsenal have lost sight of what is reasonable expectation over a long period of time. This isn't Spain, Portugal, the Netherlands or Scotland where the same 2 or 3 teams swap positions in the top 2 or 3 year after year after year.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
What, though, are our expectations in the PL?
CH will be sacked (all managers are in the end). If we finish 17th we will be unhappy as we should have been higher. Mid table and it should have been 6th. Finish 6th and we should have won it!
On the other hand finish 10th for six straight years and again would we be happy, probably not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here