Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

QPR train tickets

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Anyone found a better/cheaper way than me for the trains to QPR on Friday? Travel card for £23 per person seems best I can find.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
The travel cards have always been around £13 for the Saturday games on London but that is off peak.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
What's the best route from Brighton? I've driven the last two times but fancy train this time?

Is there any mileage in changing at Clapham for an Overground service or is the consensus to go to VIC and underground?

Get the Overground round to Shepherds Bush.

PG

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
What's the best route from Brighton? I've driven the last two times but fancy train this time?

Is there any mileage in changing at Clapham for an Overground service or is the consensus to go to VIC and underground?

Im going to Clapham then on to Kensington Olympia. Never been up there on train tho.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Return Fare
2 x Adult - Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard
(Two Together Railcard)
Saving £16.20
£31.60
Total £31.60

This is what i've got from Polegate to Shepherd's Bush with a Two Together Railcard. Leaving at 16.41

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Yes. I've done both loads of times and there's pro's and cons for both routes. I'll probably go underground cos its a bit nearer to Loftus Road, and more guarantee of time to get back to Vic
the 10.50 or 11.07 at the very latest all look doable from Vic if you hotfoot it to White City.

Not everyone has a TFL map planted in their head. I for one am grateful to the respondants on this thread who have educated me as to the best routing for this fixture.

Ok I've clearly upset a couple on here at least, its just that at nearly 50 I've done a few aways over the years and threads like this highlight the way things have changed. In the early 80s me and my mate went to Elland Rd we were only about 14, we just turned up a Brighton Station and bought two half returns, we didn't even tell our parents, (we were Moulsecoombers!) we probably thought Leeds was just a bit past Luton. On arrival we didn't have a clue where to go we just asked a copper/followed the crowd/whatever. To this day still I just jump on a train in the general direction of where we're playing and I usually make kick off.
a trip to QPR which by my logic is Victoria/London Bridge then a westbound tube then follow the general direction of anyone wearing a QPR shirt, has now become almost obsessive that we have to get the the very nearest stop or whether the overground gets us there 7 minutes quicker etc etc. Whatever happened to the ol leap of faith?
I can't wait for us for to get into Europe, Sparta Prague away? Just look for some old "pric k" wearing a Peacehaven hat standing on the platform at Paris Gare de L'est trying to blag the train via Munich

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Ok I've clearly upset a couple on here at least, its just that at nearly 50 I've done a few aways over the years and threads like this highlight the way things have changed. In the early 80s me and my mate went to Elland Rd we were only about 14, we just turned up a Brighton Station and bought two half returns, we didn't even tell our parents, (we were Moulsecoombers!) we probably thought Leeds was just a bit past Luton. On arrival we didn't have a clue where to go we just asked a copper/followed the crowd/whatever. To this day still I just jump on a train in the general direction of where we're playing and I usually make kick off.
a trip to QPR which by my logic is Victoria/London Bridge then a westbound tube then follow the general direction of anyone wearing a QPR shirt, has now become almost obsessive that we have to get the the very nearest stop or whether the overground gets us there 7 minutes quicker etc etc. Whatever happened to the ol leap of faith?
I can't wait for us for to get into Europe, Sparta Prague away? Just look for some old "pric k" wearing a Peacehaven hat standing on the platform at Paris Gare de L'est trying to blag the train via Munich

Why the crappy post about people asking for advice? I have seen things regarding trains on NSC that has not only saved me money but also found me a better/quicker/easier route.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here