Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

86 Points will be enough

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
One more win if we win tomorrow......

If Huddersfield start improving we may need 89 points instead. Still not a problem.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yeah, absolutely, 86 points is usually the number needed. Would have been enough 3 of the last 4 years, with last year being 89. Whichever, I'm pretty confident that we'll get 2 or 3 more wins out of the next 7

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If we dont win tommorow night all these bloody threads will soon vanish...

Some getting way too carried away on here.

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Well to be honest I wasn't that scientific about it, just noticed that Newcastle (who are actually quite decent) only got 15 points in their last 8 games. So that would leave Huddersfield on 86 if they achieved the same feat.....but their goal difference and poor last performance (their manager's words) put even that in doubt. I doubt those behind Huddersfield can do much better than that either.

Oh also I looked at Huddersfield's fixtures and they look a bit tricky so I think they would do well to get 86.

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Well anyone behind Huddersfield can't get more than 91 points (Reading) or 90 (Leeds) as they have played a game more and I'm sure they will drop at least 2 points so not really possible they will get more than 86 or 89 at most.

Huddersfield need to be on amazing form to beat 86 points (they got 13 points in their last 8 games btw). Have you seen their fixtures?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
One more win if we win tomorrow......

If Huddersfield start improving we may need 89 points instead. Still not a problem.

Or 90, or 91, or it could be 92

Who the f**k knows

Pointless thread

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Someone's "don't shout too soon" is just another person's belief, it's not wrong it's different.

Personally I'd rather wait until it was a done deal but even I have always said all we need is 89 pts as that's the most third place are going to get.

Its not over 'til it's over but we can all approach that in different ways, enjoy the journey and the destination.

Up the Albion

Keep The faith

Together

Withdean Wager

Rocketman

GOSBTS

Whatever you hang your hat on just enjoy it, we will get promoted (sorry to have said that but it's what I believe)

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Well not really, half the teams Huddersfield are playing have better goal difference than them. Apart from Birmingham which is a tricky one away all the other teams have decent goal difference (close to Huddersfields, only Cardiff is -3) so doubt they will play any off the park etc. Oh missed Nottingham Forest but they are away to them too and they are playing alright recently and fighting relegation.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
After 2 straight defeats for Huddersfield I think the best total they will achieve, if they average 2 points a game, which is considered good form, will be 87.

Any slip ups they have over the next week playing Norwich, Derby and Preston, with two of those chasing the playoffs, could put this season to bed Monday evening. We have to bear in mind that if they continue to want to chase us they could burn themselves out for the playoffs which would be suicidal. And they have still got to go to Fulham after this.

By Monday evening we will know if the chase is realistically still on whether mathematically or not. 2 straight wins for us though will probably all but set this in stone, and a half celebration wouldn't be considered too premature or too arrogant if this turns out to be the case.

The Fat Lady is getting into her bath now.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here