Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is going down?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
From the Prem AND from the Champ

Prem - it looks like the two dreary north-eastern teams are DOOMED. I was beginning to think Palace were nailed on to stay up but a quick peruse of the table suggests they are not just yet despite Saturday's fluke result. But I reckon they (and Hull) will stay up and Swansea will go, despite looking like they were destined for safety a couple of games ago.

Champ - Rotherham are down and Wigan look certain to join them I think. I think Forest will go down, and if not them it'll be Burton. I don't know why but I reckon Bristol City will stay up despite Lee Johnson who doesn't impress me very much. Same goes for Blackburn who are limited but will have enough about them to stay up

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hull from the prem I think. Marginally tougher fixtures although it will probably come down to one surprise result.
Think Burton will struggle to stay up in the Championship but it's close enough with 7 to go that it'll go right down to the wire.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just a hunch that on the final day of the season the relegation places in the championship might be more interesting to Sky than at the other end of the table

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
From the Prem AND from the Champ

Prem - it looks like the two dreary north-eastern teams are DOOMED. I was beginning to think Palace were nailed on to stay up but a quick peruse of the table suggests they are not just yet despite Saturday's fluke result. But I reckon they (and Hull) will stay up and Swansea will go, despite looking like they were destined for safety a couple of games ago.

Champ - Rotherham are down and Wigan look certain to join them I think. I think Forest will go down, and if not them it'll be Burton. I don't know why but I reckon Bristol City will stay up despite Lee Johnson who doesn't impress me very much. Same goes for Blackburn who are limited but will have enough about them to stay up

Goal Difference, IMO, tells you a lot about the respective quality of the sides. Bristol City's is significantly better than the rest of the bottom 8, ergo they are probably a 'better' side, and I'd back them to survive.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm taking the current bottom 2 in each division as a given.

Adding Hull and Brum to go down on last day.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Given their decent form, I was surprised to see Palace are still only 4 points above the dotted line, but they are firmly in Big Sam mode now. If they carry on at the same level, despite having the much-discussed "tricky run-in" they could well finish a top-half side again. In fact, I might check if odds on that outcomes are offered anywhere.

Sunderland are down and it would be great to see classless Boro join them. I imagine if Swansea get Llorente back any time soon then they'll have enough to send Hull back from whence they came.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given their decent form, I was surprised to see Palace are still only 4 points above the dotted line, but they are firmly in Big Sam mode now. If they carry on at the same level, despite having the much-discussed "tricky run-in" they could well finish a top-half side again. In fact, I might check if odds on that outcomes are offered anywhere.

Sunderland are down and it would be great to see classless Boro join them. I imagine if Swansea get Llorente back any time soon then they'll have enough to send Hull back from whence they came.

According to Exp 361 palace can still finish in Europe:-

season-permutations-pl-2017-04-02.png

You might have to close NSC for a while!

Oh I guess I should have added:-

season-permutations-ch-2017-04-011.png

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I only looked at the Prem for the first time in weeks yesterday. Three teams from the north east aren't looking healthy.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Sunderland can go down so Moyes gets the sack. He deserves it after telling a female BBC reporter she should be careful next time she comes in, & she might get a slap.

That puts him on a par with Pardew, in my opinion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sunderland can go down so Moyes gets the sack. He deserves it after telling a female BBC reporter she should be careful next time she comes in, & she might get a slap.

Can't believe that more hasn't been made of it. Amazing comments from Moyes.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

Can't believe that more hasn't been made of it. Amazing comments from Moyes.

When the hell did that happen and how did I miss it?!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When the hell did that happen and how did I miss it?!

Me too. What happened?

Post match on Saturday. The lady reporter (in his view) pushed a bit too hard in asking about the pressure he was under. Once the interview was over, and he THOUGHT the cameras had stopped recording, he told her she was out of order and that 'you'll get a slap next time, even though you're a woman'.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Post match on Saturday. The lady reporter (in his view) pushed a bit too hard in asking about the pressure he was under. Once the interview was over, and he THOUGHT the cameras had stopped recording, he told her she was out of order and that 'you'll get a slap next time, even though you're a woman'.

It was a few weeks ago after they drew with Burnley.

[tweet]848847930647867392[/tweet]

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

What a knob.

Just found it here: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...oyes-tells-reporter-get-slap-bbc-vicki-sparks for anyone else that wants to hear it as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here