Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Italian restaurant, Brighton and Hove - please

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Any recommendations for decent Italian food please :)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Although with a reputation of being "cheap and cheerful", Donatellos takes a lot of beating. Al Duomo is a little up-market, but the food is not a lot better than Donatellos if at all. And they've pumped a lot of money in to the Albion.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
La Tana in Patcham has never disappointed and there's a very broad menu.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Duo Topolino closed and I am sure that I read Angelos sister had opened an Italian opposite the old one. I would expect that to be good. I personally like Buonne Appertito in Burgess Hill and they have a branch at Palmeria Sq which is quite good.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Donatellos as above for "cheap and cheerful" or their sister restaurant Pinnochios.
La Capannina off St James St also good.
Heard Fatto Mano on London Rd also good.
Then you obv got Jamie's which was nice last time I went all be bit overpriced imo.
Also a few smaller ones around Palmeria Square that are good but tbh I cant remember names!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Although with a reputation of being "cheap and cheerful", Donatellos takes a lot of beating. Al Duomo is a little up-market, but the food is not a lot better than Donatellos if at all. And they've pumped a lot of money in to the Albion.

given most of it is pasta or pizza, Italian should be cheap and cheerful.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Franco's along from the Neptune is brilliant but he is neither cheap and certainly not cheerful. He sources good quality food and it's a comfortable, little place.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Casalingos preston street is always has good food and cosy nice ambiance

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Duo Topolino closed and I am sure that I read Angelos sister had opened an Italian opposite the old one. I would expect that to be good. I personally like Buonne Appertito in Burgess Hill and they have a branch at Palmeria Sq which is quite good.

I assume you mean Buon Appetito in Palmeria Sq and in which case I can honestly say it's the worst Italian I've ever been to ( possibly barring one in Egypt ).

fbennettodlum

Aug 25, 2011
Best Brighton Pizzerias IMO

#1 Fatto A Mano - London Road + Church Road
#2 VIP Pizza - Old Stein
#3 Bella Napoli - Marina
#4 Franco Manca - North Laine
#5 Nu Posto - West Street

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here