Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rivalry if you come up..

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Good evening from a 'Stains' fan

So, if you do manage to come up this season ( fingers crossed )
Do you consider us and you to be rivals? After our south cost not a derby yesterday, me and a few friends had the discussion about us having more of a rivalry with you.
To some extent, I agree.
It was a bit of fun in league1 and the championship, always seemed to be a bit more to it then any other game.

Anyway, good luck for the remaineder of the season.
Hopefully see you next season ( we have to stay up as well yet ) :down::shrug:

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts

Do you consider us and you to be rivals? After our south cost not a derby yesterday, me and a few friends had the discussion about us having more of a rivalry with you.
To some extent, I agree.
It was a bit of fun in league1 and the championship, always seemed to be a bit more to it then any other game.

Couldn't care less about you. Palace are our only rivals.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

To some extent, I agree.

Are you mad? Crystal Palace are our rivals. I don't feel an animosity towards Southampton, more a camaraderie about being from or representing the south coast. We didn't like Adkins though, for sure

No.

Been lurking on the board for years, but not posted often. I live in Southampton and know a number of die-hard saints fans. They dont even consider Bournemouth a rival, let alone Brighton. I can't see why we would consider saints a rival either.

Should be a good game though, it's been a good natured game (apart from when Adkins tried to stir things up)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Saints will never be our rivals although I think it was fun when you had Adkins as manager. I would like to think thought, that Southampton are the club we would most like to emulate being that our catchment area and locations are not dissimilar.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To be fair, after Palace it could be a good south coast rivalry. Doubt Pompey will be in the premier league anytime soon.

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
I wouldent consider you a rival as such.

What I meant was we would say we have more of a 'rivalry' with you, than we do Bournemouth.
Purely because of league 1 and the famous Adkins comments. I don't hate Brighton, but there's always a good atmosphere when we play each other.

I spend way too much time on this forum to hate you lot

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

To some extent, I agree.

Oh dear, are you missing Portsmouth? We don't care about you*. If you want a rival, hope for Reading to go up. They are desperate for someone to make them feel like a proper football team.

* - Although we still haven't forgiven you or Tottenham.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I wouldent consider you a rival as such.

What I meant was we would say we have more of a 'rivalry' with you, than we do Bournemouth.
Purely because of league 1 and the famous Adkins comments. I don't hate Brighton, but there's always a good atmosphere when we play each other.

I spend way too much time on this forum to hate you lot

More interesting than your own is it? lol

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I am utterly indifferent to Southampton. Trying to get a rivalry going with them would be like doing so with, say, Ipswich. Completely pointless. Sorry, but Palace beat you to it by approximately half a century. Still, nice ground and look forward to visiting some day.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

To some extent, I agree.

Not really, but I am worried about Sky manufacturing some imaginary South coast derby with you or Bompey for the sake of television, or other tedious people using the term the "m23 derby".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here