Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Special Mention for Tomer Hemed

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
After yesterday's game, Tomer Hemed deserves a special mention for geeing up the fans at the beginning of the second half. It was a small gesture, but it helped enormously to pick up the atmosphere and rally the troops, in turn rousing the team. After the week he had with the Israel comments, and having Chuba selected before him (which I can understand from Chris, but still must be hard for Tomer to swallow), he showed once again just how much of a team player he is.

Proud of him to be wearing the stripes.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
After yesterday's game, Tomer Hemed deserves a special mention for geeing up the fans at the beginning of the second half. It was a small gesture, but it helped enormously to pick up the atmosphere and rally the troops, in turn rousing the team. After the week he had with the Israel comments, and having Chuba selected before him (which I can understand from Chris, but still must be hard for Tomer to swallow), he showed once again just how much of a team player he is.

Indeed - was going to post something similar. I think Mowbray actually highlighted this as a turning point. Hemed is an excellent player - really unlucky not have featured more this season. And his attitude is fantastic.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The absolute professional, the squad harmony CH has put together with Goldson, Uwe, Tomer and others sitting on the bench and showing the passion they do once they start is a massive credit to him and his style of management.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The absolute professional, the squad harmony CH has put together with Goldson, Uwe, Tomer and others sitting on the bench and showing the passion they do once they start is a massive credit to him and his style of management.

I'm glad you said 'and others', because it's a long list, Sidwell, Norwood, two from Murphy, March and Skalak. All of those players will get into most Championship teams starting eleven's.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Spot on. Also a great reaction to 'tomer hemed, he says what he wants'.

The 'squad players' have been mostly magnificent this season - Tomer, Sidwell, Murphy, Skalak, Uwe, Norwood, Murphy.......massive credit to CH for managing the squad.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The camaraderie in the club at the moment is brilliant.
I bet deep down, all the others are jealous, in seeing the togetherness of the squad, regardless of scores that have gone against us.
Team Albion :albion2:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This current squad of players seem to be so pro-active with us fans too. The likes of Beram Kayal and L,iam Rosenior are often to be seen waving their arms, and trying to encourage the crowd, and then there is Knocky who is just, well Knocyt really!, he seems to love everyone, and it is obvious to see that he is just loving his time here.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This current squad of players seem to be so pro-active with us fans too. The likes of Beram Kayal and L,iam Rosenior are often to be seen waving their arms, and trying to encourage the crowd, and then there is Knocky who is just, well Knocyt really!, he seems to love everyone, and it is obvious to see that he is just loving his time here.
It didn't sound like he loved the east stand lino when a decision went against him yesterday 🤤

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Indeed - was going to post something similar. I think Mowbray actually highlighted this as a turning point. Hemed is an excellent player - really unlucky not have featured more this season. And his attitude is fantastic.

The turning point ...pity he couldn't have got a better connection on March's cross

IMG_0009.jpg

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
A class player, who I'm sure will have a huge part to play in our last 7 games. Having been in Israel for a few days last week, the people I spoke to couldn't understand why he hadn't started against Spain and supported Tomer's post-match comments. UTA.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea

I agree, but the fact we are 2nd and in reaching distance of 1st and automatic promotion must help, as it justifies Chris's decisions. The club chemistry, atmosphere and 'happiness' must be through the roof at the moment no matter what you are doing at the club.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Agree with all the positive comments about how great a bunch of players we have.

I sometimes wonder how some of them actually feel about possible promotion. There are a few who will certainly stay in the team if we go up, but not that many. It's a weird situation for some of the squad players where success might mean they don't make the squad and may not get a new contract.

It's a strange one, and suggests a couple of things to me: 1. Hughton's management skills are fantastic as others have said; and 2. maybe footballers aren't all selfish money grabbers after all, and do genuinely want the glory of success, even if not in their own long term interests...

Or is it all about bonuses? (I don't think so...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Agree. I've always thought he was a bit underappreciated, but this season he's proven to everyone that he's not only a top player, but a top man.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I agree, but the fact we are 2nd and in reaching distance of 1st and automatic promotion must help, as it justifies Chris's decisions. The club chemistry, atmosphere and 'happiness' must be through the roof at the moment no matter what you are doing at the club.

I think they go hand in hand, trust in Ch and his beliefs and methods have us 2nd, because we're 2nd the players continue to believe. It's a very nice circle.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Agree with all the positive comments about how great a bunch of players we have.

I sometimes wonder how some of them actually feel about possible promotion. There are a few who will certainly stay in the team if we go up, but not that many. It's a weird situation for some of the squad players where success might mean they don't make the squad and may not get a new contract.

It's a strange one, and suggests a couple of things to me: 1. Hughton's management skills are fantastic as others have said; and 2. maybe footballers aren't all selfish money grabbers after all, and do genuinely want the glory of success, even if not in their own long term interests...

Having a promotion to the Premier League on a CV is a pretty decent selling point, would a promotion favourite team prefer someone who has been there and done it, or played for one of the perennial bottlers (like Derby, Sheff Wed etc...)?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Tony Mowbray mentioned how the crowd gave the team a lift for the last 20/25 minutes. This substitution helped, but helped even more by Hemed just prior running down the touchline waving his arms around, then sprinting onto the pitch waving his arms around. Has to start tomorrow.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Hemed is a class act who needs to play more if we are to see the best of him. The miss from March's cross was not as easy as some have said, I think he has to start tomorrow night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here