Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seven games,Seven Cup Finals

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
One down Seven to go,forget the other results concentrate on ourselves
Apparently all phones,torches,lighters any form of light are to be confiscated at the turnstiles Tuesday:albion2:???:albion2:

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
5 wins 2 losses or a combination of results that get the same number of points will do it if Huddersfield win all their games, which they wont.

I would say its looking pretty likely.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
5 wins 2 losses or a combination of results that get the same number of points will do it if Huddersfield win all their games, which they wont.

I would say its looking pretty likely.

I love all the 'if this if that' banter we get at this end of the season. Does look good though.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I don't like this description. We are not good at 'one-off' games (see play-offs). Like our manager, we lack the arrogance and flamboyance.

What we are good at is grinding out solid team performances, with every player giving 100%, game after game after game, until we get to the end.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't like this description. We are not good at 'one-off' games (see play-offs). Like our manager, we lack the arrogance and flamboyance.

What we are good at is grinding out solid team performances, with every player giving 100%, game after game after game, until we get to the end.

Absolutely this. If we are going to get promotion this season, it has to be via one of the automatic places. It almost isn't worth us turning up for the play offs.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I fear they will be 7 'ugly' and nervy cup finals if yesterday's game is anything is to go by, but if they all end with a win for the Albion who cares !!

theboybilly

I fear they will be 7 'ugly' and nervy cup finals if yesterday's game is anything is to go by, but if they all end with a win for the Albion who cares !!

Not all games will be like yesterday IMHO. Mowbray virtually admitted he'd set his stall out for a 0-0 result. Blackburn reminded me a lot of Preston...a dogged, effective side. I think they'll stay up

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Tend to agree. The thing is we are good enough to grind out those results time and time again, and we will. UTA,

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Win our 3 home games and draw just 1 away and we're up. Hudders aren't getting 91 points.
Just beat Brum Tuesday.

Hudds still have to play a Fulham team who have a *lot* to play for through the remainder of the season. I don't see them winning 7 games on the trot from here, and every game they don't win plays into our hands.

On paper, we have the easier run in. From the seven, I think we can safely expect a minimum of 3 wins. Even if that's the most we get, that leaves Hudds needing 6 wins and 2 draws. Put simply: Hudds cannot afford to lose any games from here, and realistically they probably need to win 8 from 8 and even then hope that we slip up multiple times. And they have to do that with some key players out of the team and facing stronger opposition than we will.

It's not impossible, but I think they're realistically better off looking to get themselves peaking for the play offs from here.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Birmingham tomorrow will be tough. They are slowly finding their feet and playing three at the back we will miss Baldock's pace and movement

https://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http...lSBvPA&usg=AFQjCNGzAheLHevGewdDzIXGyC8gWhqt_g

They might talk about being positive but it's a very defensive set-up.
Three points for us will be a massive confidence boost for our ability to get over the line but easy it won't be.
After our smash and grab win at St Andrews where March came on as a sub and terrified them it might be time to play him from the start with Murphy inside.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Birmingham tomorrow will be tough. They are slowly finding their feet and playing three at the back we will miss Baldock's pace and movement

https://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http...lSBvPA&usg=AFQjCNGzAheLHevGewdDzIXGyC8gWhqt_g

Three points for us will be a massive confidence boost for our ability to get over the line but easy it won't be.
After our smash and grab win at St Andrews where March came on as a sub and terrified them it might be time to play him from the start with Murphy inside.

March also tore them apart last season at the Amex so has to start tomorrow.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Solly & Tomer in... Jiri & Chuba out, assuming Sam & Bruno not fit..

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

0-0 written all over.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
are reading a concern or not?

The max points Reading can get is 91, they will need to win 7/7 games to get that total. Leeds get can a max of 90 points and will need to win 7/7 to get that total.

Huddersfield are still the main threat, they can get 95 points. We have 7 games left, if we can pick up 11 points, that gets rid of the challenge from Reading and Leeds, which just leaves Huddersfield. I am sure Huddersfield will bounce back, but to win 8/8 I am not so sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here